Poll: Marshall Mg250dfx or the Fender FM 212R
Poll Options
View poll results: Marshall Mg250dfx or the Fender FM 212R
Marshall Mg250dfx
4 29%
Fender FM 212R
10 71%
Voters: 14.
I play pop-punk, punk-rock and also rock and these are the two amps that i can afford and to me sound alright i'm just not sure which one to get! Also, any other ideas would be good but i'm pretty sure its out of these two after looking around quite alot.

I know the MG series gets heaps of crap around here so if you could give me reasons that'd be awesome!

Thanks.
Both are horrible.

Don't waste your money.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
u could get a valve JR for that much, look for reealy smallish tube stacks, an used peavey valve king or at least a spider3 if your just gonna be in your room.
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
MGs>FM. if you HAVE to buy one, go with the Marshall.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I have a Fender 212R. If you need something with a decent clean and lots of gain as well, and you need it really, ridiculously, needlessly loud, I would recommend it.
That Marshall MG is the BIGGEST waste of money ever. Please look a little harder.
A Peavey Vypyr is a very good solid state amp if that's what you have your heart set on. MUCH better than the Marshall or Fender.
I just knew this would descend into flaming...

Where are you? If you're in the States, we can recommend several new amps, tube and SS that are much better for the price than those two overpriced turds.

Have a look at some of these.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Pro-Junior-Combo-Amp?sku=480511 If you like Fender tones, it's miles better than the f*cking Frontman.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5112-5W-1x12-Little-Giant-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481675 Another small tube amp perfect for bedroom playing.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=480197X A great option if you want in built effects. As is http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD50VT-50W-Guitar-Combo-Amp-?sku=482615

Out of those you've gotta find at least one you like if you were considering the MG or Frontman.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Wait, you're a fellow NZer? Damn...I really gotta remember to check profiles before advising where to buy. Oh well, at least I know that all those amps I suggested are around the price of the MG250DX or FM212R here, maybe $100 either way.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I prepared this for the TS about New Zealand prices and with my 2 cents on each amp.

Fender Pro Jr= $899 (Rockshop)= Fender cleans, probably needs distortion for punk but otherwise a great little amp. Loud enough for small gigs and parties also. 15w Tube.
Blackheart 5w-112 Little Giant= $799 (Rockshop) Vintage voiced, another one with great cleans. If you gig (which I'm assuming you do since you're after a 100w frontman and a 250w MG) this probably will need a PA, but takes pedals like a dream. 5w Tube.
Roland Cube-60= Currently knocked $100 down to $799 (Rockshop) These come with a sh*tload of models. Also probably loud enough to gig. 60w Solid State.
Vox AD50-VT= $799 at my local MusicWorks (don't know about Welly though) Similar to the Cube, but the Vox probably has a few less models but a slightly better tone. 50w Hybrid.
Crate V18-112= $799 (Rockshop). A good all round amp that'll handle punk/pop punk with ease. They've been discontinued, so if you want one get it quick. 18w Tube.
Epiphone Valve Standard= $659 (Rockshop) Small and cheap, but a great little amp. Probably needs a distortion pedal for punk. 15w Tube.
Hughes and Kettner Edition Blue 60R= $699 (MusicWorks) These amps are pretty underrated, but I'bve played one and they're some of the best SS amps out there. Loud enough for gigs, although you'll need a distortion pedal. 60w SS.

Compared to:
Fender FM212R= $799
Marshall MG250DFX= $899.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by shadow__666
I prepared this for the TS about New Zealand prices and with my 2 cents on each amp.

Fender Pro Jr= $899 (Rockshop)= Fender cleans, probably needs distortion for punk but otherwise a great little amp. Loud enough for small gigs and parties also. 15w Tube.
Blackheart 5w-112 Little Giant= $799 (Rockshop) Vintage voiced, another one with great cleans. If you gig (which I'm assuming you do since you're after a 100w frontman and a 250w MG) this probably will need a PA, but takes pedals like a dream. 5w Tube.
Roland Cube-60= Currently knocked $100 down to $799 (Rockshop) These come with a sh*tload of models. Also probably loud enough to gig. 60w Solid State.
Vox AD50-VT= $799 at my local MusicWorks (don't know about Welly though) Similar to the Cube, but the Vox probably has a few less models but a slightly better tone. 50w Hybrid.
Crate V18-112= $799 (Rockshop). A good all round amp that'll handle punk/pop punk with ease. They've been discontinued, so if you want one get it quick. 18w Tube.
Epiphone Valve Standard= $659 (Rockshop) Small and cheap, but a great little amp. Probably needs a distortion pedal for punk. 15w Tube.
Hughes and Kettner Edition Blue 60R= $699 (MusicWorks) These amps are pretty underrated, but I'bve played one and they're some of the best SS amps out there. Loud enough for gigs, although you'll need a distortion pedal. 60w SS.

Compared to:
Fender FM212R= $799
Marshall MG250DFX= $899.

Thanks man, thats really helpfull.
800 bucks for a Rolland Cube 60? U guys get reamed even harder than we do (aus) mate u should c if u can order one from allans music in aus, their list prices for all those amps are at least 2-300 bucks cheaper
RG's & Mesa's
Quote by shadow__666

Compared to:
Fender FM212R= $799
Marshall MG250DFX= $899.

Shadow, its people like you make this forum great!
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
Quote by shadow__666
I just knew this would descend into flaming...

Where are you? If you're in the States, we can recommend several new amps, tube and SS that are much better for the price than those two overpriced turds.

Have a look at some of these.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Pro-Junior-Combo-Amp?sku=480511 If you like Fender tones, it's miles better than the f*cking Frontman.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5112-5W-1x12-Little-Giant-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481675 Another small tube amp perfect for bedroom playing.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=480197X A great option if you want in built effects. As is http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD50VT-50W-Guitar-Combo-Amp-?sku=482615

Out of those you've gotta find at least one you like if you were considering the MG or Frontman.

for clean sounds go for the first, classic rock overdrive go for the 2nd, overdrive to distortion tones go for the 3rd and classic rock to light overdrive at 4th.

those are your best options i'm pretty sure

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
both are junk.

overinflated practice amps essentially.. that other suggestions would be very good and worth your buck.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.