Well, I'm 14, I'm a baptist and I like rock and roll too. I just got in to Megadeth and I found out that Dave's a christian too. I like when some of my guitar idols are Christians. All of you other Christians discuss. To everyone else, don't flame and spam, people beliefs should be respected, I don't beat you with a bible so leave me alone.
Crucifix wielding preachers...

Nah, just kidding.

Try Slayer. The singer is Catholic xD
The Pit. The Movie.
Do you like their music more because the musicians are Christians?

Just out of curiosity.
Yep. Dave is so badass. I met him, and he's not the person people think him to be. He's a cool guy. I think it's cool that Dave's a Christian. I just wish some of my other idols could be as cool as him.

EDIT:
Quote by Seryaph

Just out of curiosity.

it's pretty cool when your idol beleives the same thing you believe. I also like bands like Morbid Angel, so it doesnt matter to me.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by sglover34479
Yeah but Catholics are different.

-mutters under breathe- Protestant whore...

Well...the only other band I can think of is The Showdown
The Pit. The Movie.
Why does their religeous belief have any bearing on how much you like them? What is the difference man, why does it matter!? I could care less is Mustaine worshipped the queen spider! Its the music that matters to me.
Quote by sglover34479

Wait. What? You're talking to one.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Doesn't this belong in the religion thread?
Also, how are catholics any different from christians? Its just yet another offshoot of the same religion.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Seryaph

Just out of curiosity.

Well, as a Christian, I tend to be careful about what I listen to, don't get me wrong, I love metal, but when I know the musicians are Christian, I do actually like it more. Don't know why, so I ope that answers it. If not, ask away, I'm pretty open.
Quote by mrwaffles
...Is this thread coming off as elitist to anyone else?

Definition of elitist:
the belief or attitude that those individuals who are considered members of the elite -- a select group of people with outstanding personal abilities, intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes -- are those whose views on a matter are to be taken the most seriously or carry the most weight
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
I play bass for a church band. But I'm agnostic.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by sglover34479

Im a baptist and my girlfriend is catholic they are different that doesnt mean you shouldnt listen to them, but slayer is really santanic my unlce built their drum a drumset back in the 80s and they wanted a pentagram on the bass drum
I think the bible is repulsive.
Anyway, try out this technical death metal band called Atheist, ya know, maybe listen to something despite your beliefs.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
Also, how are catholics any different from christians? Its just yet another offshoot of the same religion.

Take a religion class and learn about both there is major differences.
Does it really ****ing matter what musicians believe in? Who care?

Religion creates to much problems IMO.
Quote by Slaytanic6606

Well, they only believe certain parts of the bible, also a big difference is that Christians believe, that you only need to confess your sins to God, not a Priest.
I'm not saying they're completely different, just different.
Quote by Slaytanic6606

This is getting into something that belongs in the religion thread... but catholics... dont you guys put Mary pretty high up there? Im just guessing, but dont you guys do a lot of worshipping Mary too. I know you still beleive in God, dont get me wrong. Also, look for Purgatory in the Bible. You wont find it.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by therealtater
Im a baptist and my girlfriend is catholic they are different that doesnt mean you shouldnt listen to them, but slayer is really santanic my unlce built their drum a drumset back in the 80s and they wanted a pentagram on the bass drum

Pentagram isn't the symbol of the "Devil", n00blet.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
i don't think your beliefs should be respected. Ya pretty much all those good bands that are labled as satanist are actually made up of christians.
Quote by Colgate Total
1. Just pick while holding the trem.

2. Start lifting weights, son.