I was watching "the new canon rock" by mattrach, and there is some sort of "technique" that he uses that makes a pretty cool sound. I was hoping you guys could tell me what it is, how in the world you do it, and if you could tab out the short "lick" it would be awesome. I'm thinking its some sort of harmonic but im not sure. Here's the video and the short "lick" happens at 0:48 and 0:58. Thanks for the help.

Video--->>> canon rock
It looks and sounds like natural harmonics played on the 7th and 9th frets.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
Quote by scream_it
It looks and sounds like natural harmonics played on the 7th and 9th frets.

Close, 5th and 7th, I can't quite pick out which string it is but it's probably either the A or D.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Close, 5th and 7th, I can't quite pick out which string it is but it's probably either the A or D.

Yup 5th and 7th I can't tell which strings they are either.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
You can do the harmonics on the D and G string at the 5th fret or just the G string on 7th and 5th frets. They're the same notes.

harmonics:

G|--5---5----|
D|5---5---5-|

or

G|-7-5-7-5-7--|
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
He Uses Sweep Picking, Natural Harmonics, Pinch (Scream) Harmonics, 6 finger tapping and general all round shredding, Its quite a nice song
Last edited by Mr.Pink101 at Oct 13, 2008,