Poll Options
View poll results: ..........
yes
263 51%
no
250 49%
Voters: 513.
Page 1 of 5
If you saw me you would never guess I played guitar. Most people think I listen to rap. Mostly do to the way I dress. Only a handful of people know I play. Even less have seen me play as well. When someone finds out I play guitar they are usually shocked/very surprised.

Is it like this for anybody else?
yeah, but I have to keep my hair short for school, so not as much as i should
Signature temporarily empty
I don't know...

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Nope.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
I guess, a lot of other guitarists I know are kind of quiet and reserved as well. I dress normally, normally just plain shirts jeans and a jacket or hoodie. Most people are surprised to realize that I listen to metal though.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
umm... no. It kind of sucks, I'm actually really really good, but I like a computer nerd. I can't find anyone to jam with, people judge on appearance too much.
I look like a non-interesting teenager with no real stereotypes.

.. But I play guitar and listen to Death Metal. Most people are shocked when they find those things out.
Quote by woodenbandman
I guess that the rebellious, strong guy is more appealing than the guy who worships the ground you walk on and would take a bullet for you.

Gear:
Cordoba C5-Ce
Martin DX121
Martin LXM
Ibanez S520EX-> Weeping Demon Wah-> Roland Cube 20x
I'm not sure about all that, but i DO look like i have an enormous schlong...
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
no they dont...people wouldnt notice really..they just think im a druggie or something...a few people know me as a music enthusiast...

no one knows i play shit though
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
Mixed responses I guess. Most of them are like "OMG! U A SC4RY PUNX ROCKAH!!!", none actually realize that while I have the most fun writing and performaning punk music. That I also study and compose blues, metal, and classical style.

Most the "Rockers" at my school don't actually play an instrument. So most are actually suprised I play an instrument. I've been told I seem more like a singer than a guitarist.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
I'm 6 foot 4 with long ratty hair and a ratty beard. I also am pretty lean. I also usually wear black shirts with blue jeans and sneakers, occasionally steel toe boots.

So you tell me?
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
I do. I always wear a kick-ass metal necklace, a chain hanging by my right thigh, and i have hair down past my shoulders, and I always wear black t-shirts and black shoes, and often ripped jeans.
Last edited by herby190 at Oct 8, 2008,
Nope. I think most people are suprised when they actually hear me play. I'm always bringing my guitar into work, and when customers see it sitting in a corner, they always ask the other guys "so, you play guitar?" and they go "nope" and point to me. For some reason they always look kinda dissapointed
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
I don't really look like a play guitar.

I more look like some retard that wishes he could play the guitar, but in reality I actually know how to play the guitar.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
only ignorant black people or chavs think im a rocker..

them: "dude man...yeah dude! dude! rock on dude!"

me: "........"

them: "dude...yeah why is that black guy holding a guitar on your shirt?! is that supposed to be little wayne?"

me: "........"
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
You can tell I'm into metal from my shirts, but other than my shirts I just wear regular jeans and my hair is a medium length so I guess so.
Well, I'm part Indian and part Fijian and look it (no) but I wear band ts, jeans and a jacket with a lot of band patches and badges almost all the time. I also have some facial hair (although pretty uneven) and when my hair grows out I look a bit like Slash.

So I guess some people might think so, but then again the two people in my year best known for guitar don't look it at all.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Not really, some say I look like the guy, but most say I'm just the "Quiet Guy in the loner table drawing still-life sketches."

Although I do draw still-life sketches and I am quiet, I'm NOT a loner.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
people always think i play guitar but they usually think i play more acoustic shit. when actually i dont even play more than a couple songs on guitar, im a bassist and i play just about every genre but metal
Idk...they arent all like "Whoa!! You play guitar don't you!!" But, they arent surprised when they tell them I do...
Not at all. For some reason people always guess that I listen to easy listening stuff like blues/country or like classical ( ). When they find out I'm a metalhead they're like ...

So basically, no, I don't look like I play guitar, but most people know cause I'm playing mah guitar on my facebook picture.
Everyone knows me as like some sort of genious, but I'm not. I'm pretty shy. I have hair that at its longest is 10". I wear band shirts. Most people don't jump to the conclusion that I play guitar. Actually, now that I think about it, this thread is phail because there's no defining features of a gutarist.
Corona Corona
I don't think I do, so I voted no. I think I mostly look like some guy who doesn't do anything at all in his life.
Not at all, I have short hair, rarely wear band T-shirts, rarely wear anything black, never have worn anything guitar related, don't have glasses, don't have greasy hair, work out on a daily basis, so I keep a really low body fat content, but am not very skinny either, and love heavy metal and guitar.
Quote by EnemyWolf
Not at all, I have short hair, rarely wear band T-shirts, rarely wear anything black, never have worn anything guitar related, don't have glasses, don't have greasy hair, work out on a daily basis, so I keep a really low body fat content, but am not very skinny either, and love heavy metal and guitar.

somebody thinks he is better than the rest of us

its not friend finder or eharmony...we dont need to know your body type lol
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Not at all..
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
in the words of jimi hendrix " i dont play guitar, i just play truth and emotion"
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Page 1 of 5