I am looking to get a new guitar, I feel it will motivate me to play more often because right now I have a busted old fender squire strat. I love the look of the Gibson Les Paul and the PRS SE but don't have that kind of money and am still sorta beginner/intermediate player, anyone have suggestions on some good cheaper guitars in those styles?
Agile Les Paul Copies go for about $200 for the Al-2000 (Which is equivalent to an Epiphone Les Paul Standard). I find Agile amazing for their prices.

PRS...well, Agile makes some PRS Copies, and well the SE is as cheap as it gets for a PRS ._.

There's always craigslist y'know

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
i used to have an agile ps900, an ace prs copy before my bassist snapped the neck in half (dont ask). it only cost like 270 but it was a great guitar.
Agile makes miracles.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Hagstrom has some pretty nice looking les paul guitars.
I have too much gear to fit!
Michael Kelly makes really nice LP style guitars.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Look used
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by soBLINKad
i used to have an agile ps900, an ace prs copy before my bassist snapped the neck in half (dont ask). it only cost like 270 but it was a great guitar.

I just got my Agile PS900 Blue Flame yesterday. Beautiful guitar. Agiles are really nice for any price, let alone the few hundred they cost. My bro has an AL3000 and it's a gorgeous guitar too.

Unfortunately they don't make the PS models anymore, so you would have to go the used route like I did.

I'm really impressed with these Agile's. I just wish he had a bit more variety than LP copies (I'd pick up another PS in a heartbeat).
As several people have noted, Agile makes nice budget guitars, which include LP-types. A similar brand is Xavier, owned by the GFS pickups people, and which feature GFS pickups. I haven't played these but know a lot of people on several forums who have (and I also have GFS P-90's in a Frankenstrat I own).

As some have noted, buying used is highly advisable for those on a budget. I never buy new except on a model closeout or similar price blowout. One good LP-type guitar that hasn't been mentioned are the used DeArmonds, that Fender/Guild imported from Korea a few years back, and are now discontinued. The M-series singlecuts are based on the Guild Aristocrat/Bluesbird model and feature DeArmond GoldTone humbuckers, which pickups were made here in the USA Fender plant.

Here's the M-72 I used to have:

The only reason I don't still have it is that I got a couple Gibson Les Pauls, and I have another DeArmond with the same GoldTone pickups that is not an LP-type. I also owned a similar M-75 previously (M-75 has a harp tailpiece instead of a stud tailpiece). These are very nice guitars which require no upgrading, as they already have US-made pickups in them stock.
It's hard for me to recommend something I haven't played but people swear by Agile

You can look on craigslist or ebay etc etc...you will not find a Gibson Les Paul for under $600-700 and at that price range you really have to wonder what is wrong with it. Also, for myself, when i purchase a guitar, even used, it has to be in pretty good cosmetic condition. If it isn't and it's a recent build then you really have to wonder what the person has been doing with it. To some people this doesn't matter but to me it really does.
You can always get an Epi LP, and then start saving little by little for a Gibson.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Schecter. Get the c-1 elite or the blackjack series. Affordable awesome guitars.
Craigslist and Ebay are your friend. Tons of deals out there to be had if you're patient. I bought my Kramer Focus 1000 for $240 in pretty much mint condition. The guy didn't play it for about 5 years and instead opted for a MiM Strat over an ESP manufactured Made in Japan killer axe that blows anything out the water in the $1500 range. So just cause you're low on cash doesn't mean you can't have a nice guitar.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by Bkennedy88
Just finance it

yeah, that's sensible. look what that kind of thinking has done to the world's financial markets...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Craigslist! I found an epi lp custom for 300. The woman didn't know how much it was worth.
Get a used guitar. There's a fair bunch of guitar players out there that prolly have shitty jobs. They need drugs and for that they need money. They need the drugs, you want a guitar, you buy guitar from them at big discount = you win.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Epiphone Special 2's go for like £100.. but they are standard really.. my mates got one and i wouldnt reccomend for anything more than practise / band practise or even playing with a few mates.. pickups too sensitive for my liking, apart from that, very nice guitar