B-52 AT-100
3 33%
Bugera 6262
6 67%
Voters: 9.
1. Peavey Valveking
2. B-52 AT-100
3. Bugera 6262

My old head died. I want a new, preferably tube head but I'm poor and in college so it has to be under like 6 or 7 hundred bucks. Don't tell me to save up another 400 bucks and buy a better one. At my income rate, that will be in a year. I play metal and hardcore, so I need it to have good gain. And I dont want to put in two hundred bucks to mod it either. If I was going to do that, I'd buy a more expensive, better head.

I need an opinion other than that of the shitty salemen at GC who want to take your money.
So what do you guys think?
you can get a Used 5150 for 6 or 700 easy
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
2 and 3 are pretty good choices. I assume you already have a cab? In that case, a used 5150, or a used XXX would be good choices, maybe a Mesa f-50 or f-100 head if you can find one to try.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
the b52 will probably have the most gain, but unless im mistaken its the only solid state on that list, dunno if you have a preference, jsut throwing that out there. i play alot of metal and i just ordered the valveking last week, but i will probably get an overdrive or distortion pedal to give it a little more bite
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Oct 8, 2008,
Quote by Bostonrocks

All these, and one more:
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/835398194.html
He's offering an ENGL and a 5150, the ENGL's out of your price range but the 5150 is $700 and is FJA modded. (That's a good thing)
I agree
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Nice finds, no work to do here. Modd'd 6505+, nice.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
ValveKing is a definite no, it won't get you the good metal hardcore sound without a boost. The B52 has more of a Mesa sound, and the Bugera is going to get you more of a Peavey sound...

I myself am getting a Bugera soon... I'd get a b52 but the Bugera is a bit cheaper