im about to buy a Presonus FP10, and i was wondering what i need to do to my computer to beable to just plug the interface up and record..

like, audio cards, gigs, MB's all that good stuff..

could you tell me what i'd need to have and do?

thanks!

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
A Firewire cable and port on your computer. And of course microphones and XLR cables. Monitors ideally, with TRS cables. Headphones too. Finally, install the Cubase LE software.

It really depends on what stuff you're going to hook up. But what I mentioned works in a general sense.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
k...i got it now!

thanks!

and, do you just mean like stage monitors?

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
No, studio monitors. These are speakers meant for accuracy.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Well, at that price, it's really tough to find anything to really recommend, especially something that can produce good low ends. I'd look for used KRK RP5's (the next generation, the G2s, are out, so they should be well priced) and a subwoofer.
Quote by keiron_d

yea those two monitors you linked two are a "mono" type setup. Audio runs to the first speaker and linked to that is the second one...not an ideal setup or easy to wire by any means......
They probably dont sound any better than standard PC speakers either.

Dont cheap out on monitors. They are what get the sound to you so you can change it. If they are not accurate you will be changing some things that may not have to be changed.

As FF said, the KRK monitors are good. The new sets are out but are a little higher in price. You should be able to find the older KRK RP5s on ebay for a good price.
You will need a set of two.