At school, we're learning about the Greek Explosion and philosophers and such. Then my teacher comes up with (the title's question) and he says that the answer isn't quite obvious, we have to think BEYOND the point... like Socrates and Plato.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
The correct answer is:

"Oh I don't know. Why are Socrates and Plato dead?"

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
The correct answer is:

"Oh I don't know. Why are Socrates and Plato dead?"

But logically, by dying, shouldn't the giant tree we call Earth cast them off into the fictional, relative ground?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
oh oh oh, i know....because the leaves are the trees children and when they fall,
it means they're finally ready to leave home and face the world...
Check my profile...
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
But logically, by dying, shouldn't the giant tree we call Earth cast them off into the fictional, relative ground?

Right...

I'm gonna go drop the kids off at the pool.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i think the answer is: Gravity
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
Quote by thrashster
i think the answer is: Gravity

This. And the decreased production of chlorophyll.

**** Socrates.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
wouldnt it be fun to argue with socrates? kinda off topic.
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
ask not why the leaves fall off the trees, but why the trees choose to get rid of the leaves....

/smartarse
Quote by dio_dude
ask not why the leaves fall off the trees, but why the trees choose to get rid of the leaves....

/smartarse

ask not why the leaves fall off the tree or why the trees choose to get rid of the
leaves but why the wind seperated the two....
Check my profile...
Quote by thrashster
wouldnt it be fun to argue with socrates? kinda off topic.

No, it would be really annoying. Read Euthyphro by Plato. Socrates was kind of a douche.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Leaves fall from trees because the chlorophyll contained in them is not useful in the winter. It also has the handy advantage of removing any waste in the leaves, like when you take a dump.

The mechanism by which they fall from the tree is controlled by an axon, whose name i can't recall at the moment, it's not IAA though.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Because as the temperature changes over the seasons, so do the weather patterns in a certain climate, the cold weather makes reactions most difficult to occur and the lack of sufficient natural light causes the tree to withdraw its chlorophyll from its leaves and allows the cells to die.

Chlorophyll is a chemical that ONLY occurs in nature and is very hard to produce and it's useless to have chlorophyll when photosynthesis cannot occur at at efficient rate so the chlorophyll is stored in the centre of the tree until the appropriate conditions are met once again.

Use that as your answer and see what your philosophy teacher says.
see what really happned was the leaves were cheating on the tree with flowers and got an STD (hence the color change and shriveling up), so the trees like "WTF man, get your sunflower AIDS and Ghanarosebush away from me" so the tree ended the physical relationship and the leaves fell off and died from STDs
Quote by Bignose
Just be like "cuz everything dies. Just like Socrates and Plato."

Then stab his slut neck!

Fixed.
Quote by EvilDomo
At school, we're learning about the Greek Explosion and philosophers and such. Then my teacher comes up with (the title's question) and he says that the answer isn't quite obvious, we have to think BEYOND the point... like Socrates and Plato.
Socrates and Plato thought about this.

What did that get them?

They're DEAD now.

Do you wanna die?

Don't DO it, man.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Because they aren't needed anymore, much like Socrates' stupid paradoxes and wisdom crap.
Because this statement is false.

And watch your teacher squirm and die painfully.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Socrates and Plato thought about this.

What did that get them?

They're DEAD now.

Do you wanna die?

Don't DO it, man.
What? No!
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.