Cannibal Corpse/Slayer/Machine Head type stuff, and I don't really care what kind to the latter. I don't know what the differences are.
Well, I would go for a sodium guitar, but that's just my personal preference. =)
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by HighPotency
There's no "best", just your preference.

Look into Ibanez, Jackson, ESP/LTD, and Ibanez.

I live way out in the wops, the closest guitar shop is an hour drive and there's no way I can convince the rents to drive me there just to try guitars.
dean guitars is the way to go, they have so many extreme kick ass designs
Gear:
Dean VX
Line 6 Spider 3 15 watt

"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."
-Joseph Stalin

"It is just that heavy metal musicians write in minor keys, and when you do that, you frighten people."
-Ronnie James Dio
Quote by SlayerFTW
I live way out in the wops, the closest guitar shop is an hour drive and there's no way I can convince the rents to drive me there just to try guitars.

Well, look at the specs and see which you think you'd like more. I.E.: Ibanez has super thin and flat necks, along with a few different tremolo types. Jackson has high-quality LFRs, great stock pickups, thin necks, and pointy headstocks. LTD is similar to jackson i think but with different body options.
Oh...wait. I should have mentioned that I live in New Zealand, so most of those guitars are way out of my range.
Quote by Undrgrndmlita

yep..i personally have a prs custom 24 and ill tell you dean makes a HELLUVA replica
Quote by Undrgrndmlita

Just because they have cool designs doesn't make them good. A dimebag dean vs a nonsignature model jackson/esp/ibanez of the same price are better.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
Quote by MetalMilitia212
What type of metal? What body wood do you like?

make up your mind, are you asking about metal or wood?
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=