lets say you commit a traffic violation but no cop sees you. some other asshole sees you and writes down you license plate number, then goes to a police man and tells him what happened.

bottom line, can someone report a traffic violation to the police and have the other person get a ticket. or does the police man have to witness it himself?
you told him to try to build bricks without straw
he asked you to build cities without bricks
i'd say the cop has to witness it, because if anyone could do that, they could write down any random number and hand it in to the police.
Yeah unless you damaged someone or something i really doubt you can get in trouble that way
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
I'd say it depends, if someone doesn't have proof no, they might just talk to you. If there's a picture, it depends on how serious it is.

I saw a hit and run not long ago, it was kinda cool, the guy ramped the curb to get around traffic and sped off like a bat out of hell:p He's probably been caught cuz a bunch of people saw it.
this happend to you didnt it?
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Innocent until proven guilty says only if they have proof.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Its called a citizens ticket, it would take them about 5 hours at the local court, but youd have to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt which is impossible unless you video taped it, its kinda the same thing as citzens arrest
i didn't stop where a school bus was stopped on the other side (it was a busy busy road, no one in their right mind would allow a kid to cross it) but i did slow down substantially to like 20ish (speed limit 35). of course i had this jerk on my ass and he followed me. i went into a neighborhood to turn around so i pulled into a driveway and as i was backing up, he comes speeding down and almost crashes into me. it was his attempt to trap me. but i had no idea what he was doing. then i rolled down the window and he yelled at me and shit and i took it up the ass cause i didn't want him calling the police and making a big deal out of it. then he said he was going to take my license plate number. so he did and he left. i followed him out (we're going the same way) a little ways down the road there is construction and a police car is there to help with the traffic. i see him pull over, get out and go up to the cop and start talking to him. i drove by and went home.

i just don't want to get a ticket in the mail or something.

i know i was wrong and i'm not sure what i was thinking. the guy in front of me did the same thing so i kinda followed him.
Last edited by zep123 at Oct 8, 2008,
i kid you not this is what he said while yelling at me "you jerk! you oughta go to JUDGE JUDY she'll knock some sense into you"

seriously judge judy?
Quote by zep123
i kid you not this is what he said while yelling at me "you jerk! you oughta go to JUDGE JUDY she'll knock some sense into you"

seriously judge judy?
**** YEA SMALL CLAIMS COURT ON TV!
You didn't stop for a school bus. You could have hit a kid. You deserve a ticket.
12 fret fury
Quote by Punk Poser
You didn't stop for a school bus. You could have hit a kid. You deserve a ticket.

He was driving. He could have caused a car accident. He deserves a ticket

Hi!

Sig Retired.
Quote by zep123
i didn't stop where a school bus was stopped on the other side (it was a busy busy road, no one in their right mind would allow a kid to cross it) but i did slow down substantially to like 20ish (speed limit 35). of course i had this jerk on my ass and he followed me. i went into a neighborhood to turn around so i pulled into a driveway and as i was backing up, he comes speeding down and almost crashes into me. it was his attempt to trap me. but i had no idea what he was doing. then i rolled down the window and he yelled at me and shit and i took it up the ass cause i didn't want him calling the police and making a big deal out of it. then he said he was going to take my license plate number. so he did and he left. i followed him out (we're going the same way) a little ways down the road there is construction and a police car is there to help with the traffic. i see him pull over, get out and go up to the cop and start talking to him. i drove by and went home.

Well passing a school bus is a major no-no, but that guy who followed you had way too much fucking time on his hands. I wish I had enough idle minutes during the day to drive around pretending I was a policeman.
You deserve a ticket but you probably won't get one. And that guy was being an asshole. Seriously who has that kind of time to chase after teenagers and try to scare the crap out of them
i doubt anything will happen to you. i think if the bus driver recorded your license plate number you could get in trouble, but i dont know that some random guy can do the same.

but dude, you always, ALWAYS stop for school buses. cops dont take that type of thing lightly. its actually one of the more serious traffic violations you can commit.
Quote by holybassbatman!
You deserve a ticket but you probably won't get one. And that guy was being an asshole. Seriously who has that kind of time to chase after teenagers and try to scare the crap out of them

Someone who witnesses a complete douchebag pass a school bus and endanger small children? Good on that guy for letting TS here know what a prick he is.
You're*
Quote by Survivalism
Someone who witnesses a complete douchebag pass a school bus and endanger small children? Good on that guy for letting TS here know what a prick he is.

Dude, the guy admitted he ****ed up. We're only human right?

The fact remains that the guy who followed him was the complete douche bag in this situation. It's not his duty to be trying to trap peoples cars and give them driving lectures, he probably gets power trips/road rage episodes like this all the time.

Ts you will be fine, they might come by and talk to you about it but I'd say it's very unlikely. If they do just say the guy must have the wrong plate and it wasn't you, they aren't allowed to keep you waiting anyway unless you are under arrest, which you won't be.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!