ive been looking through pickups for seven strings and need some help. i think my choices are between emg and dimarzio but have no experience with either so if you can input positive information that could help me id greatly appreciate it : )

amp: line 6
styles: progressive metal
guitar: ibanez rg 7321
sounds: shred, technically riffing, breakdowns, leads
Last edited by 4117 at Oct 8, 2008,
whats your amp?
styles you play?
sound you'd like to have?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
emgs are best for ur style cus they pick up everything unless of course you suck and need to hide as many mistakes as possible
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
I'd go for a new amp
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
i would actually stay away from emgs at this point. a decent dimarzio paf 7 or breed 7 will do the job just fine. the 7321 is an ok guitar, but you wont really get the benefit out of the emgs unless it had an extended scale. plus the fact you wont have to get it routed to fit emg 707s
EMG's make every guitar sound the same.

You have a piece of shit amp, get a new amp first. Pickups should be the last thing you get in a setup. Even cables are more important than pickups.
you will not get the benefit emgs will give if you dont have a real amp. You cant lose with dimarzio pups. they are in my opinion the best. I have owned about 20 different pups (emg passive and actives, Seymour duncans, mighty mites, gfs, and a bunch of dimarzios). I have found dimarzios to be the most dynamic. But to each their own.......some people stand by duncans, I personally find them to be a far 2nd to any of my dimarzios.

Quote by ClementWave
EMG's make every guitar sound the same.

You have a piece of shit amp, get a new amp first. Pickups should be the last thing you get in a setup. Even cables are more important than pickups.

as for this guy I agree and disagree. I dont know what line 6 u have. not all line 6 amps are shit, but most are, I know, I have one of the shitty ones, but I also have mesas and a 5150. But I have heard a Vetta crush heads live. And to that statement about pick ups being the last thing you buy.....eh, I have seen the night and day difference pups can make. It shouldn't be your first upgrade, but not your last.
That Ibby has middle of the road stock pups, take your guitar to the local store and try some powerhouse amps, then decide on new pups.
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
Id go with a DiMarzio D Sonic 7 for the bridge and a DiMarzio DP704 Evolution 7 for the neck
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme