Hi, I have a line 6 pod 2.0 and a guitar with active emgs in it. I hooked it all up to my computer through my sound card. I'm getting VERY little output even with my output, channel volume, and drive and max. I'm also getting crappy distortion. When I turn compressor on, it helps give more distortion but it gives massive feedback even with the noise gate on. Am i doing something wrong? What can I do to fix this problem?
Are the batteries for the EMG's new? Have you left it plugged in?
Sorry if they seem like retard questions, but maybe try changing the batteries? That's all I can really think of doing because I'm not familiar with pod's enough to give insight on what to do if it's a problem with the pod.
The batteries are new and i have not left it plugged in. I use it with my amp and it sounds wonderful. Its just with my computer and pod that I'm having this problem.
Since you said you hooked it up via soundcard, I can assume that you hooked it up using the line in and not the usb? If so, try opening up your computer's mixer (double click the speaker icon) and turn up the line in (or aux) volume.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
If i do this, the volume when i use my guitar with passives in it will be way too loud. Also, turning up the volume wont solve the distortion issue.
my sound card is fine. It sounds great when using passive pickups. And the pod 2.0 cannot use usb for the audio. I use the usb to hook up to the MIDI ports on the pod to use line 6 edit.
Quote by HumbleDonut
If i do this, the volume when i use my guitar with passives in it will be way too loud. Also, turning up the volume wont solve the distortion issue.

Of course the passives won't be as loud. Just kind of the way it is. I always have to re-adjust my levels and eq when I switch from my m-255 (passive) to my vanguard (actives). The reason being is that the actives have a higher output. More output= more volume.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
Of course the passives won't be as loud. Just kind of the way it is. I always have to re-adjust my levels and eq when I switch from my m-255 (passive) to my vanguard (actives). The reason being is that the actives have a higher output. More output= more volume.

I think his problem is that the passives are loud and the actives are quiet and distorted. I connect my Epi LP Standard with EMGs to my PC using my Line 6 Tone Port via USB and have no problem with volume whatsoever.

Did you check any type of interference?
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
The passives are louder than the actives and have more distortion for some reason. The actives have very little distortion and using compressor increases the distortion for some reason
Edit: also how can i get distortion without the use of maxing out my compressor?
Last edited by HumbleDonut at Oct 10, 2008,
Man, I own a guitar with EMG81/85 and a line6 POD 2.0 and works great. No volume, distortion nor feedback problems.

So, your passive guitar sounds fine through your POD to your computer, but when unplug passive and plug active you have problems? And your active guitar sounds fine with your amp? Really strange thing...

Same problem with both neck and bridge pickup?
Last edited by bazuriya at Oct 29, 2008,