I did this to my ibanez SRX and now the strings barely fit in the string holder thing should i have done it? will this damage the neck of the guitar? Im a string noob
PS the guy from guitar center said to do it because i said i play in drop C
Quote by esskater237
I did this to my ibanez SRX and now the strings barely fit in the string holder thing should i have done it? will this damage the neck of the guitar? Im a string noob
PS the guy from guitar center said to do it because i said i play in drop C

Buy some heavy guage strings not a 5 string set for drop C.
Put the heavy strings on then have it set up by a pro.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
That's called a nut. Get a heavy four-string set, or a light-ish set for a fiver, then tell a pro to set it up for Drop C.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
I, and another bassist from this other band we play with all the time both do this. We both play in C. i (we both) found it helps the tone out a lot. i havent had any problems with my neck, and it plays and sounds way better. if it doesnt fit, you can always file it down a little, but id say if its in there, its good.
get a light five string set and lose the E string.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
FYI if it almost fits the nut, but won't quite go in, the string itself(assuming it's a roundwound) can be used as a file.
Nope, no sig here.
I've just ended up using 5 string sets and ditching the G. Never did my cort any harm

edit: except the nut might need filing
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.