So i wanted a laptop for school/gaming and didn't want a powersucking 17 inch screen.

15.4 laptops didn't meet my specs in the performace department so i made my own custom hp.

Specs:
Operating system: Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9400 (2.53 GHz)
Display: 15.4" WSXGA+ HD BrightView Infinity Display (1680 x 1050)
Memory: 4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Graphics card: 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Hard drive: 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Battery:One 6 Cell and One 12 Cell Lithium Ion Batteries

Total cost:
$1,653.99

Hefty price tag, is it worth it? From what i can tell it beats most alienwares i see and the closest macrbookpro to these specs is 2,900$
If you're going to go with a more mainstream computer I recommend HP and Toshiba. If not, that custom build may be your best bet. Also, check out www.ibuypower.com
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
dell xps laptop. it's 5400 dollars. but ****ING BADASS.
i recommend an XO/ EE, cheap as ****.
and i believe that an 8600m may be cheaper and just as good. though i'd go with the 8800m gtx. but have fun with your battery life on that one.
and if you can, go for an SSD. it will do WONDERS for your battery life. though they are really really really spendy.
I'VE GOT A NEW ROSE.
You should try building a Dell similar to those specs and compare the prices.
I have a Dell with a 14" screen, similar to your's except it have a 7200rpm hard drive so it's a wee bit faster that I paid more or less the same price for.
It's probably worth checking out, when I was buying my laptop Dell and HP were 1-2 in pretty much every laptop review I read.

EDIT: It's a Dell Inspiron 1420 btw
I"m not a fan of HP's. They always seem to have screens that aren't bright enough and have a viewing angle so narrow you're the only one that can see your screen. And they use keyboard switches for the mouse buttons.
oh, and SSD stands for Solid State Drive.
no moving parts, so a. you don't use data if you drop it, and b. it's much faster, and uses like a tenth of the power.
I'VE GOT A NEW ROSE.
yeah, i'd do a ssd but its not offered and i think i reached my max with this thing. Esp. w/ two batteries.

Although how much better would a 12 cell be? (i realize it's probably huge)
and if you want something cheaper then its acer aspire 6920-6508
i liked it...
Quote by LordByron
yeah, i'd do a ssd but its not offered and i think i reached my max with this thing. Esp. w/ two batteries.

Although how much better would a 12 cell be? (i realize it's probably huge)

obviously, twice as much max amperage. so a little less than twice as long.
and you can buy ssds seperately you know. bahah.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820208445

or invest in the 64 gig for 189. hahahahaha
I'VE GOT A NEW ROSE.
newegg woo!

i don't feel like spending 200 or even a 100 extra when this thing costs like 1.6 grand lol.

just too much for some extra security if i drop it
Wait a few weeks for the best HP coupons out there. There are sometimes $300 off $999 customized notebooks, and $400 off $1299, etc. There's also rumors of a completely new line of Macbooks coming out in the next few weeks if you are into them.
Hi!

Sig Retired.
where do i find the hp coupon codes?

im already getting 150 off instant and free shipping which expires 10/11
Last edited by LordByron at Oct 9, 2008,