9 13%
Voters: 69.
Page 1 of 2
It is a toss up between the Baroque and the Romantic for me
Quote by RocknRollRay
If you make a clone of yourself, then have sex with yourself,

Is it incest or masturbation?
Quote by wtf290
It's not incest, but it's not masturbation.
It'd be closer to incest than masturbation, but I don't think there's a word for it.
Quote by ScottElwood
Incesturbation?
Romantic. I just can't seem to get into baroque.

I also like Impressionist music, so I guess that counts as one in 20th century classical.
Last edited by Doppelgänger at Oct 9, 2008,
classical and late romantic overall.

However, my favorite of all time is JS Bach. I dislike most of baroque music. Everyone else sucked at it. Baroque music generally put me to sleep and make me want to punch babies for how stupid it is. Bach was the lone shining star who perfected the art of polyphony. If it was possible, I'd categorize Bach as his own era/style. He should not be squeezed in with the rest of the shameful mediocre crap.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Rocknroller309
It is a toss up between the Baroque and the Romantic for me

This. If you would've asked me a month ago I would've said Baroque but I just started getting into The Romantic Era.

Baroque has J.S.B, Vivaldi, Pachelbel, but Romantic has Beethoven, Chopin, and Paganini.

I'll go with Baroque just because there isn't a single Bach song I don't like.

Edit: I'm surprised that so many people picked Romantic.
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
Last edited by KFKing at Oct 9, 2008,
Quote by KFKing
This. If you would've asked me a month ago I would've said Baroque but I just started getting into The Romantic Era.

Baroque has J.S.B, Vivaldi, Pachelbel, but Romantic has Beethoven, Chopin, and Paganini.

I'll go with Baroque just because there isn't a single Bach song I don't like.

Edit: I'm surprised that so many people picked Romantic.

Most Ugers are lonely

and so am I.
Quote by KFKing

Please look for some better stuff in Romantic.

Beethoven is great, but he's not an accurate representation of romanticism. He started leaning towards it, however. But the other two are pretty mediocre. Check out Mahler, Verdi, Holst, Saint Saens, Tchaikovsky, Borodin, Rimsky Korsakoff, Rachmaninoff, Mendelssohn, Grieg, Brahms, Sibelius.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Baroque. Johann Sebastian Bach is a complete genious.

Well, not really but he's damn good.
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
i would have to say....baroque. because i'm a br00tal metalz guy who plays at 23954 notes per second
Quote by americablanco
Baroque. Johann Sebastian Bach is a complete genious.

Well, not really but he's damn good.

No...he's the genius.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I said Baroque but I really enjoy Romantic as well...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Xiaoxi
Please look for some better stuff in Romantic.

Beethoven is great, but he's not an accurate representation of romanticism. He started leaning towards it, however. But the other two are pretty mediocre. Check out Mahler, Verdi, Holst, Saint Saens, Tchaikovsky, Borodin, Rimsky Korsakoff, Rachmaninoff, Mendelssohn, Grieg, Brahms, Sibelius.

To be honest I thought Maurice Ravel was considered Romantic but he was impressionist.

I thought Beethoven's break away from the typical music rules was what set the stage for the Romantic era.
Quote by KFKing
To be honest I thought Maurice Ravel was considered Romantic but he was impressionist.

I thought Beethoven's break away from the typical music rules was what set the stage for the Romantic era.

That's why I said he started leaning towards it. His early stuff was pretty much straight up classical. But if you look at his symphonies chronologically, they become more and more personal.

Ravel is pretty far out from romantic.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
No...he's the genius.
Mozart > Bach...Oh, I went there.

Anyways, mine is Impressionism. Debussy is hands down my favorite composer.
Quote by The Madcap
Mozart > Bach...Oh, I went there.

Aw fuck naw...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Aw fuck naw...

Agreed.
Well it's hard to compare Bach to Mozart or any other monophonic composer. Bach's technique and intention of composition was fundamentally different from classical era composition and onward.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Sorry to ask this, but it just popped into my head. In band in 8th grade we played a piece that was four sections long (I think) and if I remember correctly it was written about his dying mother. All I know is that the second section was very dark and moving. Anybody have an idea what it could be? I know I'm not very descriptive and probably won't get an answer but I thought it was worth a shot.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas
Sorry to ask this, but it just popped into my head. In band in 8th grade we played a piece that was four sections long (I think) and if I remember correctly it was written about his dying mother. All I know is that the second section was very dark and moving. Anybody have an idea what it could be? I know I'm not very descriptive and probably won't get an answer but I thought it was worth a shot.

Is it Lyrics for Strings by George Walker?

The motif is something like da...da....da da...da.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Well it's hard to compare Bach to Mozart or any other monophonic composer. Bach's technique and intention of composition was fundamentally different from classical era composition and onward.
But Mozart's wife was so hot...at least in the movie....
Quote by The Madcap
But Mozart's wife was so hot...at least in the movie....

I can't refute this. You win.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Does anyone get a smirk when they think about how Beethoven treated his child?
Quote by Xiaoxi
I can't refute this. You win.
And we all know Mozart is better than Salieri, Paganini, Monteverdi, Vivaldi, and Verdi. Those italians are all musical idiots! *bangs on table*
I meant contemporary, but I clicked baroque. It might be just as good, but I have a hard-on for modern classical music. By which I mean very late 1800's to now.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by KFKing
Does anyone get a smirk when they think about how Beethoven treated his child?
...I often debate whether or not he ever got laid by someone other than a prostitute, he had a kid?
Does anyone know which channel The Van Cliburn competition will be on next year?
Quote by The Madcap
...I often debate whether or not he ever got laid by someone other than a prostitute, he had a kid?

Yeah and the kid threatened to kill himself or so I hear.
Quote by The Madcap
And we all know Mozart is better than Salieri, Paganini, Monteverdi, Vivaldi, and Verdi. Those italians are all musical idiots! *bangs on table*

They're total mediocrity!

Correction: they have yet to achieve mediocrity.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
They're total mediocrity!

Correction: they have yet to achieve mediocrity.
For future reference, if you ever insult my man, Debussy, you're going off my friends list.
Quote by The Madcap
For future reference, if you ever insult my man, Debussy, you're going off my friends list.

Debussy totally fucking..................

...rox my sox.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by The Madcap
Was it his nephew Carl?

Ah, it probably was.
I don't know Medieval or Renaissance music very well at all. Of the common practice period, I'd probably say Romantic > Baroque > Classical, but contemporary classical music beats out the rest, largely because of my homeboy Danny Elfman.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Page 1 of 2