I have yet to play Halo 3
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
I honestly couldn't care less.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
What's that? Not Counter-Strike? Then who gives a shit?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
guys....wow relax

there's no need for such hostility...damn
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Ugh, more halo.

Seriously, they are without a doubt the most un-tactical shooter ever. 50 assault rifle bullets and you're dead. Shooting for the face and constantly jumping is the only tactic required. If this game was more like Rainbow Six (NOT rainbow six vegas, more like the first few rainbow sixes that came out for PC) I might play it, even then the plot of an alien race out to get everybody in earth has been done, overdone then forced upon everyone like rape.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
I think a squad based Halo will be interesting. I'm pretty excited about it actually.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Let's hope it doesn't blow as badly as Halo 3 did?

But, yeah. It sounds purty fun.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
I do not grasp the concept of such a relatively mediocre franchise being so popular. Its not really different. The characters look like plastic, the guns and game play are like M rated Kirby games...

Whatever... Green Day pulled it off too. So did the frisbee. and condoms...
I like all these people without halo 3 whining about it and saying how much it sucks. He's a giant man on steroids in a suit with an energy shield ffs! I enjoyed it, and the multiplayer was probably the best aspect. It was also definitely better that Halo 2.

The new squad-based game should bring in more vulnerabilities when it comes to fighting and requiring more tactics.
Quote by BeastlyBassist
Ugh, more halo.

Seriously, they are without a doubt the most un-tactical shooter ever. 50 assault rifle bullets and you're dead. Shooting for the face and constantly jumping is the only tactic required. If this game was more like Rainbow Six (NOT rainbow six vegas, more like the first few rainbow sixes that came out for PC) I might play it, even then the plot of an alien race out to get everybody in earth has been done, overdone then forced upon everyone like rape.

theyre going for a more Realistic approach

like they said Stealth and cunning are a must

and the ODST's are basically the Rainbow six of Halo
so expect some actual tactics

and the only reason the other halos were "unrealistic" was because the main character was above realism
he wouldnt be a "bio-engineered Killing machine" if one rifle shot to the head killed him

these marines though
are only human
Quote by hightension01

and the only reason the other halos were "unrealistic" was because the main character was above realism
he wouldnt be a "bio-engineered Killing machine" if one rifle shot to the head killed him

these marines though
are only human

pretty much....

it's obviously not going to be realistic if it's a science fiction game based in the future.

i do agree that the game play in Halo 3 was a bit sterile and slow...but after Call of Duty 4 came out, honestly everything else seemed to be weak in comparison imo.

this game looks promising and those graphics looked pretty damn nice, hopefully it'll be good.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by hightension01

these marines though
are only human

I'm personally excited, but GAMING THREAD.
What am I more excited for though now? Halo Wars, or Halo 3 Recon?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Halo sucks the pen0r.
Quote by bokma
My first time hasn't come yet.. but when I does, I'm gonna die of stage fright

Quote by hightension01

these marines though
are only human

Only marines with insane armor. Have you seen the ODST's? They might as well have a bubble around them, advanced armor etc.

Haha, the old rainbow sixes will never be recreated sorry. They were more realistic than any shooter in production now and probably any in the future.

The reason they aren't made realistic anymore is for the "average joe" gamer. Nobody wants to make a game anymore that people whine and get fed up with for dying in *EVEN THOUGH IT'S A SHOOTING GAME WITH GUNS*

10:1 odds this "stealth" is also not necessary and the whole game can be beat by simply running through shooting indiscriminately until everything around you is dead, pick up ammo, repeat.

The AI will probably be as stupid as the rest of the halos and will only be useful for seeing how many ways you can blow them up, throw them off cliffs etc.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

prolly gonna suck just like every other halo (except 1)
Blues, classical, metal. Who says you cant love all 3?
I'm more excited about that other Halo RTS that they showed. Even then, I'm not very excited at all
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Wow... didn't know there were so many video game elitists on UG.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Why is it just an expansion? Why not just a separate game?

Oh right so you have to go and buy Halo 3
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Wow... didn't know there were so many video game elitists on UG.

Video game elitists? I see none.

If you're referring to me, then I like a good shooter that's not meant for people that don't like realism but instead like to be able to run around and shoot loveable little characters that say funny quotes and cry at the very thought of the main character who is a physically supreme bio-warrior that has a shield that would deflect a volvo and laughs at the very thought of an entire spaceship full of an evil alien race that he attacks with the help of useless marines that are too stupid to realize that standing out in the open and shooting bursts of bullets from an inaccurate and useless rifle doesn't work so well when you're facing an innumerable alien species that are for some reason hellbent on killing every other species because they believe in a religion that is crazy and is going to destroy the universe due to some ancestors leaving stupid clues about another evil alien parasite race that is either going to turn everything into them or going to be killed by these rings that are going to kill everything anyways.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

dude

i would love a "BEYOND REALISTIC"

Shooter

like i wanna lose if i get shot in the leg
but your right it would be
"to hard" for most people
i want something like that though
Quote by hightension01
dude

i would love a "BEYOND REALISTIC"

Shooter

like i wanna lose if i get shot in the leg
but your right it would be
"to hard" for most people
i want something like that though

Play the first few rainbow sixes. If you get shot in the leg you run slower at least
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Quote by BeastlyBassist
Play the first few rainbow sixes. If you get shot in the leg you run slower at least

they were pretty good in terms of realism

but i cant see the GUN!!!

haha

and since we have Crazy realism in terms of graphics now its to hard to play old games

i get irritated by the bad graphics
Quote by hightension01
they were pretty good in terms of realism

but i cant see the GUN!!!

haha

and since we have Crazy realism in terms of graphics now its to hard to play old games

i get irritated by the bad graphics

Yeah, the not seeing the gun was kinda weird. Either way I still love playing them, bad graphics and all

I loved the fact that you could pick your own weapons and then choose your teammates and their weapons. Also the set-up phase was and still is one of the greatest parts. There's nothing quite like perfectly setting up and executing a hostage rescue situation

Probably the most accomplished feeling you'll ever get from a game
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press