Just a quick question. I have began to learn songs that require fast picking while palm muting at the same time. Picking 2 or 3 strings isn't a problem, but picking 1 string by itself quickly WHILE muting seems to be difficult for me. Is there a certain way to hold the pick or position my hand that might make this easier? I've tried experimenting but haven't had any luck.
if you want to cheat then turn your pick so its almost perpendicular to the string, but try to learn normally, 'cause thats not the greatest habit to get into
Quote by Neshnabe
Just a quick question. I have began to learn songs that require fast picking while palm muting at the same time. Picking 2 or 3 strings isn't a problem, but picking 1 string by itself quickly WHILE muting seems to be difficult for me. Is there a certain way to hold the pick or position my hand that might make this easier? I've tried experimenting but haven't had any luck.

You're trying to play faster than you really have the technique for, slow down to the point at which you can really control what you're doing and gradually speed up to the proper tempo.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.