well ive been thinking about this and i want to know if i am able to do this.

can i buy a..say, a Boss mt-2 pedal and use it on my spider 3 30 watt?

also is this pedal a good one? this is really the only pedal that has interested me which is for like metallica sound and such...thankss
The MT-2 is a great pedal and a must for any metalheads collection, i don't know much about the line 6 but haven't heard good things? i guess you'd need to try both out together, hope this helps
That would be the worst combination ever.
A POS modelling amplifier and a POS distortion pedal.

Tell us your budget and styles you want to play, so we can suggest some better options.

Edit: Sorry, I've just read that you already have the amplifier. In this case just save up for a better amp, because modelling amplifiers don't take distortion pedals well.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Last edited by hansolo1106 at Oct 9, 2008,
well before i bought the amp, i read reviews on it and people told me it was very good for the price. is there another amp for 200-250 that is better than it?
mt-2 will be good for 3 months, then you will get sick and tired of it, trust me. And using pedals with a modeling amp doesn't always like to sound good. Chances are if you don't like your distorted sound, it's time to get a new amp.
dont get a spider valve it sounds like a fuzzy spider III
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by HEXAGRAM66
The MT-2 is a great pedal and a must for any metalheads collection

I have one, it sucks pretty bad.

Someday I'll get it modded and behold the awesomeness it could've been.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I use my Metal Zone with my Peavey Vypyr 30 sometimes. It works fine. Before anyone ask why I don't use the amps distortion. I usually do. The Rec and 6505 models sound pretty good but since the Sanpera pedals for the Vypyr aren't out yet I can't switch between the amps clean and distortion channels with my foot. When the Sanpera pedals come out my Metal Zone might get retired. I use my Boss Chorus pedal too and they both work fine. Just use the Metal Zone on a clean channel and it'll sound fine. You don't want to use it on the distortion channel cause it sounds like crap.
Quote by crimson205
well ive been thinking about this and i want to know if i am able to do this.

can i buy a..say, a Boss mt-2 pedal and use it on my spider 3 30 watt?

also is this pedal a good one? this is really the only pedal that has interested me which is for like metallica sound and such...thankss

Don't try to cover your bad amp's sound with a pedal. I would suggest a different amp with a pedal since spider's are modulating amps anyways...
Quote by maiden_mexico
dont get a spider valve it sounds like a fuzzy spider III

And sorry for double post, but this guy should be kicked out of UG. Highly doubt he has tried one. Please get off of line 6's back for having a bad line (spiders). The rest of their stuff is decent.
Quote by zhunt1130
Spider 3's do not take pedals well at all...it sounds absolutely horrible

Oh it's not that bad. I used to run my Metal Master through the clean channel of my Spider. Just not a lot of life in the tone. I agree that a new amp is a better investment.
Quote by jarudy
And sorry for double post, but this guy should be kicked out of UG. Highly doubt he has tried one. Please get off of line 6's back for having a bad line (spiders). The rest of their stuff is decent.

ive owned a spider 3 and i have used a spider valve i was not impressed all thank you very much.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
wow this is gay because i just got the amp about a month and a half ago.....so im not going to just go and spend another 250 on another amp