i just got a old bc rich warlock, i know its old cause it doesn't play like crap, but i can't get an exact year and i looked all over the internet and i cant even figure out if it was made in japan or california, so the problem is the neck says NJ series, but the backplate says LA California U.S.A., the floyd rose is liscensed and has a system where the balls of the strings are in the string locks, can anyone help me figure out what year or where it was made, thank you in advance
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
*disregard*

misread the post.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Last edited by mogar at Oct 9, 2008,
That's not a vintage anything. It's a used piece. Not that this makes it any better or worse. I just excpected to see some kick ass 70's guitar when I opened this post.

None of the NJ models were made in the USA. In the 80's they had the USA, NJ and Platinum series.

The USA models and NJ models were decent and the Platinum models were beginner guitars. There was no bronze series. There were also CS models which were nice but you didn't see them all that much.
Last edited by SenorSmiley at Oct 9, 2008,
that didnt help at all, read the post
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
B9661, i cant match it up to anything
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Ok, that's definately an NJ series. Made in Japan. The neck plate on these older BC Riches stated only where the BC Rich HQ was, not where it was made. If you can provide a serial number (should be on the neck plate) we can possibly date the guitar.

Also, your description of the trem is throwing me off. Is it a double locking floyd or does it look a little different than your average floyd? Pics would definitely help here.

*edit*

The serial number you posted is a bit odd. The USA and early import Rich's serial numbers start with an "R" at the beginning. The modern imports just have a list of numbers. There were also some guitars that had numbers starting with "U0".

Definitely post some pics of it if you can.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

Last edited by mogar at Oct 9, 2008,
Pictures... NJ were made in Japan for their first few months and then moved to Korea to cut costs. That means it's a late 80s/early 90s. Judging by the trem you described though, I would say it's a Korean one made sometime around 87-90 something (don't remember the exact dates for that line)
Get one of the whole guitar with the lights on.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

Yup, NJ warlock with a single locking trem. Not bad for $150.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

i got him down to $125 =]
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Trying to find out something about the BC Rich guitars with the UO in front of the serial number. Were they made in USA? and when were these round of number. Thanks in advance for your help.

The serial number you posted is a bit odd. The USA and early import Rich's serial numbers start with an "R" at the beginning. The modern imports just have a list of numbers. There were also some guitars that had numbers starting with "U0".

Definitely post some pics of it if you can.