Well the time has come for me to upgrade from my little 15W Peavey amp (thank god)

I've tried quite a few amps and my favorite ended up being this Ibanez:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-SWX100-100W-1x15-Bass-Combo-Amp-500150-i1421827.gc

My question is this:
a) I'm probably going to be getting a distortion or overdrive pedal (any recommendations? ) and I've heard that some amps can't handle these effects, would distortion effects be alright through this?

and

b) In the description it says, "all the SWX Series bass amplifiers are equipped with internal auto compression circuitry, which minimizes distortion and keeps the sound clean"

This may be a retarded question, but is this going to try to stifle any distortion pedal I try to use in this or is it just keep it from distorting at high volumes?

Thanks for any advice!
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
It should be ok i always prefer playing overdrive through tweeterless cabs but it works. The other comment is that it should stop natural distortion at higher levels of volume. But this will not affect your distortion.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
It should be ok i always prefer playing overdrive through tweeterless cabs but it works. The other comment is that it should stop natural distortion at higher levels of volume. But this will not affect your distortion.

Thanks for handling my noobish questions

Now if only they'd get the damn thing in. I've been waiting for 4 months now...
screw patience I want my amp!
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

I played one of those but the 65watt version and distortion won't be a problem, I actully really disliked that amp just for the reson that it was hard to get clean sound. The gain on those are over the top and the sounds gets plenty of distorted just be couse of that.
Quote by Neim
I played one of those but the 65watt version and distortion won't be a problem, I actully really disliked that amp just for the reson that it was hard to get clean sound. The gain on those are over the top and the sounds gets plenty of distorted just be couse of that.

There is no other channel but the clean channel. You sure it was the same amp?

I played the 65 watt and it really brought out the tone imho, cleaner than the comparable fender:
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Rumble-100-Bass-Combo?sku=480721
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Im pretty sure it was the same amp but i can't say it was with a 100% sertenty, I didn't get to try it out for that long to I just set my usaltone and played it. the main thing is that you like it, and if you want to be 100% sure that you can play it with distortion go down to your lokal Guitarshop and ask to try it out with a distortion pedal!
I personally have not found Ibanez amps to be of a very high quality, sound-wise.
Quote by Windfall32
I personally have not found Ibanez amps to be of a very high quality, sound-wise.

Any other recommendations for 300 dollars?
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Acoustic and Ashdown bro.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
My mate uses an ashdown something.It's 30 watts and it not bad.It can get over our drummer aswell so I say give them a try.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by BeastlyBassist
Any other recommendations for 300 dollars?

I'm a big Hartke fan.

Acoustic and Ashdown are nice too.