Hey,
sorry if there's a thread on this, but searchbar failed me...

I'm doing an assignment on the cold war and i need to know the main basic facts. None of the websites I see give me straight information, so any help?
why the hell would a thread containing you asking for help on the cold war be found with searchbar?
Brrrrrr

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by dio_dude
why the hell would a thread containing you asking for help on the cold war be found with searchbar?

touche...

wikipedia does have info but thats got all the info, atm i just need basic facts...
Try going to a damn library and getting a book on the subject?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
lol wuts a bewk?
Quote by metacarpi

The man from Derby is correct!

Also you're sharing that quote in your sig with el-ECTRO
Quote by metacarpi

They won't let me in the big people's library.. there was some unpleasentness...I can never go back

The Cold War... how could you understand this.

So, Russia was all like, "Yo Cuba, let's put these missiles here, and ball on the Americans." Cuba was all like, "Ya bro, let's totally do it." Then, America was all like, "Yo, Cuba, Russia, we got spy planes, dawg, we know what you're up to." And some American advisors were like, "Yeah, let's ****in' invade Cuba." But Kennedy was like, "Nah dude, fighting's not the answer." And Russia was all like, "**** you man, don't make me nuke we're ass." And America's all like, "You better not, you BETTER NOT!" And eventually Russia was like, "Fine man, chill bro, we'll take the nukes out." And everyone lived "happily" ever after.
Quote by StevenJ128

So, Russia was all like, "Yo Cuba, let's put these missiles here, and ball on the Americans." Cuba was all like, "Ya bro, let's totally do it." Then, America was all like, "Yo, Cuba, Russia, we got spy planes, dawg, we know what you're up to." And some American advisors were like, "Yeah, let's ****in' invade Cuba." But Kennedy was like, "Nah dude, fighting's not the answer." And Russia was all like, "**** you man, don't make me nuke we're ass." And America's all like, "You better not, you BETTER NOT!" And eventually Russia was like, "Fine man, chill bro, we'll take the nukes out." And everyone lived "happily" ever after.

You should totally just submit that.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Russia and the States decided they didn't like each other. Russia built bombs, the States built bombs. Russia told the States they were gonna nuke them with their new hydrogen bombs. The States got afraid, and retaliating with a small nuke dropped on Russia. This was not however considered a real bomb by the States, and was not recorded as one. Eventually the United Nations stepped in when Russia threatened to drop a 50 megaton bomb called Tsar Bomba on the States. After the Cold War, Russia became much richer, and vastly increased its military strength. This effectively got them caught up to the other countries which had already had the Industrial Revolution long before Russia did, and as a result built up their army massively, making them a superpower as they are today.
dude.... just google it.

everything is going to have some amount of detail. just read it and choose your own.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Quote by StevenJ128

Unacceptable. Piss beer, crappy game console, and crappy indie music were not explicitly mentioned. There are also no suggestions of homosexual behavior or black dildos.

This summary gets an F.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by imdeth

Why does everyone love el-ectro so much?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
After World War Two, Russia wanted a buffer from invasion, so made the eastern bloc. West didn't like it, the two fell out. Started an arms race, which nearly resulted in war several times, the closest being the cuban missile crisis (see StevenJ128's post). That was avoided, and then the arms race continued until the USSR got skint, and the Berlin wall fell. David Hasselhoff was a major reason for this (in his own words). There you go...
Quote by titsmcgee852
Why does everyone love el-ectro so much?

Because they can't get real life poon.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I find it sad that so many people come to the Pit (of all places on the internet) to seek help with their homework. What did people do 20 years ago when there was no internet? Or a "Pit" even.
It always amazes me when folks try get info for school projects from UG...such ambition
Nah...
If you can't find anything good on the internet about the cold war then you just didn't try hard enough. And as for your assignment, I don't know how you'd go about citing your source as a user from the pit
"They say rock n' roll is dead well not while I'm alive it ain't" - Liam Gallagher

"It is the spectator, and not life, that art really mirrors." - Oscar Wilde

Quote by imdeth

I am?

Shit, I better go find something better then.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Xiaoxi
Because they can't get real life poon.

Makes sense.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by titsmcgee852
Makes sense.

It's okay though, some other attention *****'ll come along soon, and El-Ectro will be nothing but a memory.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
It's okay though, some other attention *****'ll come along soon, and El-Ectro will be nothing but a memory.

I hope she can weld.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.