Alright, so I'm going to get my first sevenstring.

I'm between two guitars at the moment, the RG1527 and the LTD Viper 407. The RG1527 has a tremolo, but I have an RG 1570 and I LOVE the feel and sound of the series, so I'm kinda biased. The LTD Viper has active pickups, and I'm not sure if the changing of the batteries is going to be a hassle or not. but, the guitar is made of mahagony, which really gives it a nice chunky punch that the RG cant hold up with.

so halp me out, or make suggestions
Changing out batteries isn't a hassle, they don't drain that quickly. If you go with the actives by an AC/DC electronics tester and test your battery before live gigs. . . . The wood isn't really going to matter once you have the active pick ups anyways. . . active pickups cancel out most of the natural properties of the wood.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Yeah, pretty much. Basswood has better bass response and better qualities as far as my knowledge goes. . . but it is weaker. Most of the tone was probably the EMG's.
Let me guess you have stock Vintage pickups that came in your RG1570 right?
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.

another problem is the tremolo, it sucks SO much tone and sustain, i really dont want to get another one with a Floyd.

I wish there were an Ibanez 7 string without a trem.

how good are schechter guitars? Ive been hearing alot about them recently
Good guitars, horrible factory wiring. They only install cheap pickups in guitars too. . . major negative on my scale. So if you buy a Schecter I suggest buying a nice set of pickups to match. Eh, the trem is okay, especially if the 7 string has an edge pro 7. . . that would be a okay, but I'd definitely switch pickups on it too. . . I don't like Ibanez pickups. I prefer EMG passives over that.
Quote by paranoid joker

oh and what about Jackson/Charvel guitars? My uncle says he hates them, but my mate swears by them. My guitar store doesnt have any, so I cant try them, unfortunately.
I don't know much on Charvel, I've heard good things. As far as Jackson, their compound radius necks are alright, but really not all they are cracked up to be, I haven't found a jackson that I really prefer(or like) so much.
Quote by paranoid joker

okay, thanks alot! you've really helped me narrow down my choices. I think I'm gonna go with the Viper, or get an RG7321 and upgrade it.
I cant say I've ever heard anything good about the viper guitar.

The RG1527 is a great guitar, and has one of the best floating trems available to date, the stock pups suck, but you can replace them no probs.

Now Schecters DO come with good pups, heres a run down

C-7 Blackjack ATX comes with blackouts
C-7 black jack comes with Seymour Duncan JB / ‘59
Hellraiser C-7 comes with EMG Active 707-TW
The Loomis comes with EMG 707s

Ibanez do hard tails as well

the RG7321, Apex 2, Xiphos, RG7621, RG7421, RG15271, any I've missed.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
i can and will only talk about the wood. now bear in mind that mahogany is a very strong wood so it can take knocks and accidents. however, the RG1527 is made of basswood. basswood is seriously considerably weaker. it will leave marks if you knock it and will probably crack or break if you're not careful.