This is kind of a pointless thread, but I really want a Splawn (Among other amps) and it seems to fit me perfectly. Now, I won't have enough money for a while but this is sort of tearing me apart. Every time I see a new thread, or do a search, I get so confused on which one is "just right" for me. I don't mind it being single channel either, though two is preferred. I play mostly blues, classic rock and some harder rock. Say like Stevie Ray Vaughn to Guns 'n Roses. I also play a lot of punk and hardcore stuff but I don't use a lot of gain for that. I was thinking the Superstock but possibly the Quickrod? Damn it, I just need a little help.
How heavey does it really go?
I've been told that it is great for 80's hard rock stuff. And a lot of tones I like come from then and I often aim for similar tones (With perhaps a bit less gain).
Quote by mcrfobtai
I've been told that it is great for 80's hard rock stuff. And a lot of tones I like come from then and I often aim for similar tones (With perhaps a bit less gain).

No idea, I haven't tried it
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pPS7GlV17rs
This guy gets a pretty decent SRV tone. I've heard it go all the way to VH.
dont get a splawn not worth it (points to sig)

im in the same boat as you, i wanted a quickrod but i tjust has too much gain

get the superstock

it has like a nice marshally clean, channel one od is like a plexi and channel 2 is like a jcm 800 plus it has a solo boost

im ordering mine in a month

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by SidBarnett
get a used palamino guys they are beautiful amps and cheap

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xqOZreIGnDc

really? i mean really?

why on earth would you come hear recommending a good budget tube amp when this guy is looking for something way better then that. i mean it doesnt make sense

EDIT: the palomino doesnt sound bad but the splawn is worlds better

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

^ive tried both and i wouldnt say the superstock was all that. dont be fooled by the price tag.
Quote by SidBarnett
^ive tried both and i wouldnt say the superstock was all that. dont be fooled by the price tag.

You like the Palomino, your opinion is void.
Quote by SidBarnett

i have done the same thing

the palomino was good (i am looking for a smaller amp as well and now i sorta want one of them thanks to the video lol) but the superstock is just on another level in my opinion

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Quote by Horlicks
You like the Palomino, your opinion is void.

judging by your amp and guitar i would say yours is void.
Quote by SidBarnett
judging by your amp and guitar i would say yours is void.

Palomino=$150-300
VH100R=$1,300

Go figure.
Quote by Horlicks
Palomino=$150-300
VH100R=$1,300

Go figure.

price means nothing the VH has a bad harshness. and the washburn is a piece of shit.
Quote by SidBarnett
price means nothing the VH has a bad harshness. and the washburn is a piece of shit.

ok the point is the TS wants a high end tube amp and looked in the direction of splawn and was asking which model to get. last i checked there is no "splawn palomino"
i know he said he still isnt dead set on a splawn but there are certainly better amps you can tell him to get with the budget he has

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Get a Matamp.

In other news: A Superstock has great toanz. I saw one somewhere (don't recall where) used for 1150.

Go figure.
Quote by SidBarnett

gtfo. Horlicks > n00bs.

Quote by mcrfobtai

It gets really damn heavy. I never need more than maybe 1-2 o'clock of gain on Gear 2. Gear 3 is just insane. Like Killswitch Engage, with with a looser bottom end.
Quote by SidBarnett

Christ you're a tool.

Of course price means something, if it's more expensive, it's gunna be better, better quality materials, better made, more reliable etc etc. There's a reason better things are expensive you know.

What you've basically done is told someone who wants a super car to get a shopping trolley.

And the Washburns banging for the price. Once again, you're a tool.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
If you're looking for a Plexi go for the superstock

If you're looking for an improved JCM900 go for the quickrod.

easy as that.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by forsaknazrael
gtfo. Horlicks > n00bs.

It gets really damn heavy. I never need more than maybe 1-2 o'clock of gain on Gear 2. Gear 3 is just insane. Like Killswitch Engage, with with a looser bottom end.

Yeah, I won't need that kind of gain. That's really what I wanted to know. The vids were great, thanks guys big help there. And Mesa, I am I Plexi lover so hopefully my next amp will be the Superstock.

Thanks for the help!