hi ive been playing the guitar for a few months now and i can play a few riffs, scales, intros, and just general chord playing but i have big problems learning full songs and learning the right strum pattern, can anyone tell me any good easy metallica, guns n roses, rolling stones, led zep hendrix, peter green songs or anything along them lines
Last edited by gangsta_rick at Oct 9, 2008,
I can't tell you a beginner song for these artists, name some other bands you like and I'm sure I'll know one.
erm im not sure what bout the who? or maybe bryan adams? i like alot of different kinds of music apart from realy heavy stuff like slipknot and other bands that scream instead of shouting if you know what i mean can you give me examples of what you would class as a beginner songs because a might like it even though i havnt mentioned it
ive just been listening to the radio and holiday by greenday came on its sounds quite easy to play and ive just looked up the tabs is this a good song to start with?
"Time Of Your Life" by greenday is a pretty easy song to start with (if you focus on the chords and not the fingerpicking)
"Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar."
-Johnny Depp
ive been playing a bit of holiday and im getting the hang of it made my way through most of it already i think ill get the tab for time of your life to though so im not constantly playing th same song. thanks
Quote by gangsta_rick
erm im not sure what bout the who? or maybe bryan adams? i like alot of different kinds of music apart from realy heavy stuff like slipknot and other bands that scream instead of shouting if you know what i mean can you give me examples of what you would class as a beginner songs because a might like it even though i havnt mentioned it

Um... sorry, but since when have Slipknot been "realy heavy"?
Try Cannibal Corpse.

Try Green Day or Blink 182 songs.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
One tool that may really help you get the strumming patterns down is Guitar Pro. I use it all the time. It allows you to see the tab and listen to a midi version of the song while playing. You can also slow down the song to learn it.

It is really invaluable.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
sorry Benjabenja i just class slipknot as really heavy because they growl instead of singing and i dont mean offence to anyone with this but i really cant stand growling and stuff like that on a song even if the guitaring is amazing, and thanks Rio do you have to pay for guitar pro and that would proberly be a great help because one of my main problems in learning songs is learning the strumming beacuse it sounds quite Sh*t when your just strumming the chords when you havint got a clue what it goes like. oh and by the way for anyone that cares i was learning holiday all last night and i can actualy play it im quite proud considering its the first full song ive learnt
Last edited by gangsta_rick at Oct 10, 2008,
try not to play music by the bands that you mentioned, because these may be out of your depth. Expand into every style of guitar, not just the styles that are popular.
If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all
yeah the thing is i dont know what my depth is because i can play quite a few bits of songs e.g the start of purple haze, some of crazy train, sweet child of mine riff some of the intro to nothing else matters, november rain solo even a bit of zigsaw puzzle blues, i must admit i picked up greenday-holiday in about 2 hours i dont know whether thats good or bad but i didnt think it was bad for it being the first song i played all the way through other then house of the rising sun
Yes, you have to pay for it. Check http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php to see it and download a demo version. You can find it various places on the net too, but you didn't hear that from me.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
[quote="'[Azrael"]']Tuxguitar is more free than the full product and more legal than the free GP

http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/

Agreed. If you are not lookin gto pay for Guitar Pro, get Tuxguitar. I believe it plays all of the Guitar Pro tabs.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Quote by gangsta_rick
yeah the thing is i dont know what my depth is because i can play quite a few bits of songs e.g the start of purple haze, some of crazy train, sweet child of mine riff some of the intro to nothing else matters, november rain solo even a bit of zigsaw puzzle blues, i must admit i picked up greenday-holiday in about 2 hours i dont know whether thats good or bad but i didnt think it was bad for it being the first song i played all the way through other then house of the rising sun

It aint too bad, but if it took you 2 hours to get the opening power chord sequence down then something is wrong, or your just a beginner.
If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all
well like i said its the first song ive played all the way through ive never realy played much to do with chords mainly focussed on riffs and solos but it took me 2 hours to learn the whole song ok so maybe im not 100% perfect at it. the opening chord sequence is really easy but i sometimes mess up the 1st chord which is a barr chord of some sort and i havnt got the speed yet top to change it quick enough