When Starting a progession, does the first chord HAVE to be the first notte in the scale
-if not-
If the note is different, is that what mode it is
-ex-
Key, Bb
First Chord F
F Miloxidin mode
No, it doesn't have to be the first note as long as it stays true to the key signature and such. it doesn't necessarily affect which mode, that depends on the rest of the chords too, like for a melodic minor the 7th and 6th are flatted as apposed to a natural minor where everything is true to the key signature. hope that helped a little

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
Quote by GnikNus
No, it doesn't have to be the first note as long as it stays true to the key signature and such. it doesn't necessarily affect which mode, that depends on the rest of the chords too, like for a melodic minor the 7th and 6th are flatted as apposed to a natural minor where everything is true to the key signature. hope that helped a little

this

so sorry, i misunderstood....
Quote by GnikNus

It did help
But can you also tell me what effects what mode its in. Im pretty shure its the note posistions, Like I and VI