Yay dilemma time! Ok, so i was looking for some new Grover tuners on craigslist when http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/msg/866624650.html that came up. Now, I MIGHT be able to get the guy down to 200, and if i do that, i could buy it by the end of the month. My dilemma is that if I DO buy that, I would have to ask for a Vypyr 30 for christmas, as I was already saving up for it. My current guitar isnt stock, so its not as great as it could be, and my amp COULD get me through the next 2.5 months or so.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Get the amp, it's far more important than a set of tuners.

Besides, your guitar has a locking nut so the tuners are more or less redundant.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
...its not tuners. Its a guitar.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22

He knows he's saying your jackson has a locking system so why would you get new tuners for it?
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by Jango22

OIC...I didn't bother clicking the link, it just looked like you'd found an incredibly expensive set of tuners
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

^_^ So...opinions of pricing on that?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
0_o Its a 900 dollar guitar for 250... Pos. 200. I'd have to have it shipped, though...
FYI: Its a schecter c-1 plus
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
Your amp is holding you back a lot more than the guitar. For your Nirvana, get this and a DS-1, and sound like Kurt. http://appleton.craigslist.org/msg/868600073.html Plus it's a little closer. The C1 isn't a bad deal by any means if you should stay in guitar mode. The amp is nowhere as versatile as the Vypyr, but miles better in terms of tone at any real volume. Just my 2 cents. Good luck Jango.
I would definitely go with that amp, but my budget is only around 200. If i can get my parents to help with the guitar, I could get the Peavey for christmas. I realize my amp is holding me back, but I also feel my guitar contributes to it. The non-stock parts dishearten me, plus the C-1+ is right up my alley. Now, all of this is useless unless my parents help me pay for it, which is a small possibility.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
Well I played a Vypyr and it's a nice little amp. (15 watt'r for $99) It will help your tone a bunch. I usually rec amp before upgrading guitars when someone is looking for better tone and has an ok amp. Again, my opinion, doesn't have to be yours. That C1 is nice, but I do see them pretty regularly on clist fwiw.
Well, they usually dont show up at 200 bucks...
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
Bump
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
Yeah, for $200 it's worth biting.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by Jango22
Well, they usually dont show up at 200 bucks...

i sold the same guitar for $350 last year.

that one looks a little banged up tho. plus i always think amp over guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Jango - what amp do you have now? Is that it - the 10w Indiana? I'm not familiar with that I can def see how a new amp will improve things for you more then anything else.

what kind of music do you play?

the Vypyrs, SuperChamps, Cubes, etc are all good amps especially if you can stretch to $300. Keep checking craigslist as I think gregs1020 suggested.
Basically, its an off-brand I got with my first guitar. The stretch to 300 is POSSIBLE, but only if I want to wait for christmas. Honestly i'd be content with the 30w Vypyr, which I wanna get so I can figure out my best tone. But i also think that a nicer guitar (read: stock schecter in this case) would also help.

I like to play hard rock/heavy metal, but i also like nice, sweet cleans.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300