Basically we're a four piece Classic/Hard Rock outfit. Myself and the second guitarist and bassist have had on/off practices since the summer. We've worked out covers to play, as well as written a few of our own tracks to slip in with them.

Recently, we booked a hall to start regular practices, and I came up with this setlist as a target for us to work towards. It comes in at just over 25 mins, so including potential screw ups...lets say half an hour. Enjoy!

Black Shuck - The Darkness
I Can't Explain - The Who
Original 1 (uptempo, hard to describe)
Set Me Free - Velvet Revolver
Original 2 (another uptempo one, Black Stone Cherry esque)
Original 3 (slow ballad)

Black Night - Deep Purple

Any opinions/changes/recommendations? I'm really in need of some more input.

Thanks all.
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Funk #49 - James Gang
Crossroads - Cream
Casey Jones - The Grateful Dead
American Girl - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

these are just a couple of suggestions, some good crowd pleasers. btw, how long is your set, time wise?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Gallagher: We'll use the covers as a start, just to keep any form of audience interested, and then work on originals more until we can get a tight set.

Jhachey: We haven't got anything booked yet gigs wise, this is purely a target to aim for...and it should come under the half hour mark which seemed like a nice time for me.
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by Rolling_man
Gallagher: We'll use the covers as a start, just to keep any form of audience interested, and then work on originals more until we can get a tight set.

Jhachey: We haven't got anything booked yet gigs wise, this is purely a target to aim for...and it should come under the half hour mark which seemed like a nice time for me.

unless you're an opening act, your set list is going to have to be at least an hour.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Your list looks fine.

How old is your target audience for that gig?
Quote by jsantos

How old is your target audience for that gig?

THERE is the question. Who is your audience?

This list really doesn't look very good to me at all.

First, the majority of bars, and thus the majority of audiences expect more covers than originals. Unless, of course, it is a place that typically books original bands, in which case maybe consider getting rid of all your covers except maybe one.

Second, the covers you have chosen are not ones that the average person will readily recognize and get excited about. If your audience is older, then Jhachey22's list looks way better. If you're going to play stuff people don't know, you might as well do originals. If the audience wants to hear covers, then they won't be in the least bit interested in your originals or anything unfamiliar, in which case, you're screwed both ways.

If you are a cover band, you are expected to play about 30-40 songs. If you are an original band, you're expected typically to play a set of about 45 minutes and will share the night with at least two other bands.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
i thought of a couple other ones:
Cat scratch Fever - Ted Nugent
Bold As Love - The Jimi Hendrix Experience (I'm also doing this one for a show soon)
Saturday night's alright for fighting - Elton john
Good Girls Don't - The Knack
Hard To Handle - The Black Crowes
All Right Now - Free (if you're in a cover/Bar band, you have to know this song)
Bad To the Bone - George Thoroughgood and the Destroyers (see above)----↑
Jumpin' Jack Flash - The Rolling Stones
Mississippi Queen - Mountain
Rock and Roll all nite - KISS
Jailbreak - Thin Lizzy
Dance the night away - Van Halen

the trick to a really good setlist is have songs that are popular and musically gratifying. you could play a set of prog-metal and death metal songs, but you'd never be asked back, or you could play a set of top 40's hits and be bored playing the same three chords every song.

like i said, musically gratifying and popular songs are great, because you look like you're having fun while playing. once you get asked back regularly, slowly introduce originals into the set. don't go all out once you get asked back once or twice, but maybe after you have a "following" (yes, even in my small town of 73 000, bar bands have followers).

so, work up a set of at least an hour's worth of material, and start asking for gigs!!!
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater