Page 1 of 6
Having drunk 15 shots and half a litre, he was unable to walk or talk and was carried to his room. He was found dead the next day having suffered acute alcohol poisoning.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3153625/Student-died-after-drinking-half-a-litre-of-vodka-in-20-minutes-for-a-bet.html

What do you think about this westerners, i myself, am mother****ing surprised
Im pretty certain he was on some medication/drugs or something along those lines, how is it possible to die from such an amount?!????

Rly, im really dumbfounded. What do you think about this alcohol problem around your western youth , over here it goes that every year a new generation starts drinking, i started actively drinking when i was 13, but currently over here, 11 year olds get wasted like hell.
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
They should legalize pot instead of alcohol.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████

I drank about a half litre of vodka last weekend. But it was in about an hour and a half, not twenty minutes. Guess he drank it too fast.

Scary.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Kensai
They should legalize pot instead of alcohol.
Given the choice, I'd rather smoke pot illegally than drink illegally.
Yes, the time, but anyone seen the video where the russian kid hits half alitre in like 20 seconds ? He still lived, one of my really stupid friends on his 14th birthday wanted to drink for the first time, he thought that vodka should be taken in like beer, did it over in a few minutes, really sick in the morning thouuugh.
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
15 shots is a hell of a lot to drink in 20 mins. I only do about 2-5 shots max in a night out on top of the other drinks I've had. I do think it's a huge problem in the U.K, I can only imagine what the next few generations will turn out like.
He drank a huge amount in such a short amount of time, I'm not suprised it killed him.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by sadistic_monkey
Given the choice, I'd rather smoke pot illegally than drink illegally.

I'd rather smoke pot illegally than drink legally

Quote by irnbrurules
15 shots is a hell of a lot to drink in 20 mins. I only do about 2-5 shots max in a night out on top of the other drinks I've had. I do think it's a huge problem in the U.K, I can only imagine what the next few generations will turn out like.

I think it used to be worse, honestly. Like in the 19th century.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Lagrance

Rly, im really dumbfounded. What do you think about this alcohol problem around your western youth , over here it goes that every year a new generation starts drinking, i started actively drinking when i was 13, but currently over here, 11 year olds get wasted like hell.

im 15 and dont drink, because it tastes crap to me. all the techno kids in my year level started drinking in like year 7 (about 12 years old). i thought it was hilarious. now pretty much everyone in my year level excluding the nerdy kids and the oversheltered kids. all the slutty girls loose their virginity at like 12 as well. i find that freaking hilarious more then anything.
Surprised? No.

Alcohol poisoning level is AT .50

The "legal" intoxication limit is .08 I believe.

.20 is blackout, etc.
Quote by Ali-b912
im 15 and dont drink, because it tastes crap to me. all the techno kids in my year level started drinking in like year 7 (about 12 years old). i thought it was hilarious. now pretty much everyone in my year level excluding the nerdy kids and the oversheltered kids. all the slutty girls loose their virginity at like 12 as well. i find that freaking hilarious more then anything.

Don't rush things, alcohol is overrated.

It's more fun to watch other people get drunk, than be drunk yourself.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I guess it all depends on the person. Either way, half a litre is pretty large for twenty minutes. It's a real drag that a kid that young drank himself to death. I've definitely had some nights that make me question how much I should be drinking, but thankfully I've never taken it that far. This is a real bummer.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Don't rush things, alcohol is overrated.

i know. everyone i know who drinks only drinks vodka cruisers and stuff, because they completely hate the taste of beer and wine etc. cruisers taste like shitty cordial, so i don't see the appeal really. i'll drink when and if it tastes fine. if it never does, i'll stick to my coke or whatever.
I dunno, i love beer, really like, id have beer in the morning, lunch and dinner. Wine sucks ass though yeah i admit it, coke and rum = wickeed, vodka is fine all the time
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
His blood contained 499mg of alcohol, way above the drink-drive level of 80mg and higher than the 400mg likely to cause a respiratory arrest.

That might have something to do with it....
Having drunk 15 shots and half a litre, he was unable to walk or talk and was carried to his room. He was found dead the next day having suffered acute alcohol poisoning.

"this guy can't walk or talk, let's carry him to his room and then just leave him there"

In the article his parents say they don't blame anyone.. I'd be blaming whatever **** just left the poor dude there
what pisses me off is that the parents are calling for an increase in the drinking age. It wouldn't effect me, but I'm tired of seeing parents who have lost a child through either their own stupidity or a complete accident trying to find blame somewhere else

A kid drowns in a pond in a field- Parents want pond filled in
A kid falls out of a tree and breaks neck- Parents want all trees lower branches removed
A kid runs into the road and get killed- Parents want the driving speed lowered to 5mph

Its bloody annoying.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by wiggy1988
what pisses me off is that the parents are calling for an increase in the drinking age. It wouldn't effect me, but I'm tired of seeing parents who have lost a child through either their own stupidity or a complete accident trying to find blame somewhere else

Yep plus it won't make much difference when most kids in the UK get fucked up underage anyway.
Quote by wiggy1988

A kid drowns in a pond in a field- Parents want pond filled in
A kid falls out of a tree and breaks neck- Parents want all trees lower branches removed
A kid runs into the road and get killed- Parents want the driving speed lowered to 5mph

Its bloody annoying.

I know what you mean, they blame everyone else except themselves.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by steee21
Yep plus it won't make much difference when most kids in the UK get fucked up underage anyway.

Yup. If the parents want someone to blame, blame the pub/club/shop where the vodka was sold. Most pubs in my town don't even care if you are underage.
Quote by sam b
"this guy can't walk or talk, let's carry him to his room and then just leave him there"

In the article his parents say they don't blame anyone.. I'd be blaming whatever **** just left the poor dude there

To be fair, not being able to walk or talk is a fairly common ailment of someone who's mashed and, more often than not, they wake up the next day. His friends were foolish to challenge the bet, but I don't think they should be solely held responsible for his death. It was mostly his own.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
I've only taken it that far one night. Me and a friend both drank 1.5 litres of Captain Morgan, .7 litres of Sambouka and I had about 8 beers on top of that. I was so far gone, I decided to stop getting drunk after that. Granted it was over a period of about 6 hours or so, but still, it wasn't fun. :/
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
What a pussy. I drank 1.75 liters in an hour once and I didn't die.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by steee21
Hey, its 40 quid man.

To jump off a bridge is free don't you know?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by sam b

+1

if any of your own mates were in such a bad state, you'd never leave them alone. ever. anything could happen. swallowing their tongue, choking on their own vomit etc
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Sol9989
+1

if any of your own mates were in such a bad state, you'd never leave them alone. ever. anything could happen. swallowing their tongue, choking on their own vomit etc

I blame the guy himself. Its his own damn fault
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by wiggy1988
I blame the guy himself. Its his own damn fault

hey, everyone has the right to a good time . while the amount of alcohol was excessive, the least his "friends" could have done was call 999.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Thing says 15 shots AND half a litre...

I'm not surprised, and some people can't handle alcohol as much as other people.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Quote by Badreligionrock
To be fair, not being able to walk or talk is a fairly common ailment of someone who's mashed and, more often than not, they wake up the next day. His friends were foolish to challenge the bet, but I don't think they should be solely held responsible for his death. It was mostly his own.

See what Sol9989 said, he's backed me up nicely
Quote by Demon Wolf

Lies

Although, half a litre of vodka in 20 minutes, it's a pretty damn stupid thing to do
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by Sol9989
hey, everyone has the right to a good time . while the amount of alcohol was excessive, the least his "friends" could have done was call 999.

That doesn't make it their fault he died. Its purely down to his own lack of judgement. I have absolutely no sympathy for the guy. Just like I wouldn't have any sympathy for anyone who died of a Heroin overdose
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate