I play acoustic right now, but i would like to get an electric guitar. i am going to play indie rock (muse, arctic monkeys, franz ferdinand) and some classical rock (GnR, velvet revolver). my budget is 800$(-ish). i have been looking at a Washburn WI66PRO. i dont have an amp right now but i plan to get a Cube 20X or 30X.
so what do you think?
SIGNATURE
get that cube ( i got 30x great amp) and maybe a epiphone les paul they sound great together and are within your budget
I only need a small bedroom amp + i dont wanna get loads of pedals.

god you people answer quickly!
SIGNATURE
i should point out that i do not want a tremolo
SIGNATURE
Last edited by KaFuCh at Oct 9, 2008,
Id Ebay For A Tube Combo, American Crate V Series, Peavey Valveking And Xxx, Maybe Even A Jcm2000 If You Can Find One Relatively Cheap. I Got My V3112 Which Is A Great Amp Until They Started Making Them Overseas For 350. You Should Have Cash Left Over For A Descent Epi Too. Might Want To Look At A Michael Kelly Vintage Patriot Too They Are Highly Underrated For A Guitar Around 400. Im Not One To Brag About My Gear But I Am Really Really Happy With It.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
Arctic Monkeys and Franz Ferdinand?
pretty sure they both play Tele's (Telecaster).
Look into a Telecaster :]
Quote by Chasing Shadows
Arctic Monkeys and Franz Ferdinand?
pretty sure they both play Tele's (Telecaster).
Look into a Telecaster :]

Alex Turner (Arctic Monkeys) plays fender strats.

i have heard that washburns are almost the same quality as gibsons, therefor i would like to have that over an epi
SIGNATURE
Quote by bob vila
Id Ebay For A Tube Combo, American Crate V Series, Peavey Valveking And Xxx, Maybe Even A Jcm2000 If You Can Find One Relatively Cheap. I Got My V3112 Which Is A Great Amp Until They Started Making Them Overseas For 350. You Should Have Cash Left Over For A Descent Epi Too. Might Want To Look At A Michael Kelly Vintage Patriot Too They Are Highly Underrated For A Guitar Around 400. Im Not One To Brag About My Gear But I Am Really Really Happy With It.

okay, the capitalization at the beginning of each word gets very aggrevating, and it makes people not want to read what you post. This is also a real turn off for reading a thread.
what do you guys think.. Epi LP or Washburn WI66PRO??

thx for all the replies
SIGNATURE
Last edited by KaFuCh at Oct 9, 2008,