OK heres what i should hopefully have by my birthday (6 months)

ESP EX-50 (I already own this)
'82 Fender Telecaster
New amp
New pedal

Now a place near me is having a huge sale but its a one only type thing. Everything is half price but they only stock on of each thing, first come, first served.

So heres the potential stuff.

Bugera 333 combo
5150 (I doubt it, people are camping outside the store for this thing)
Zoom G2 Multi FX
Various guitars.

If i don't get any of these I am going to buy a Vox Valvetronix XL (The heavy metal one) and a bad monkey OD pedal.

Sound good?
So thats...

ESP EX-50
'82 Fender Telecaster
Bugera 333 or Vox Valvetronix
Bad monkey or Zoom G2 Multi FX

Should i save up and get better stuff or would that be a good rig for a non gigging guitarist?
Last edited by Final !mpact at Oct 9, 2008,
get a new guitar the esp-ex50 is pretty shitty, maybe a pickup swap or upgrade to an esp-ex 400 would be a good way to go
lol. dude ill be there too :P:. u sure there are people camping right now?
i have a modest rig which consists of guitar related stuff
Member of the Laney Cult
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

my band : Fragments.
Quote by Pageles
get a new guitar the esp-ex50 is pretty shitty, maybe a pickup swap or upgrade to an esp-ex 400 would be a good way to go

The guitars are not for discussion. I already own the EX-50 and i am getting the tele for a ****ing bargain from my uncle. Sure i will upgrade the EX-50 but for now it suites my needs.
Quote by kai2demax
lol. dude ill be there too :P:. u sure there are people camping right now?

Not right now but there is a guy camping out there for that 5150.

Cut a deal. You let me have that bugera and you can have whatever you want?
Quote by Final !mpact
The guitars are not for discussion. I already own the EX-50 and i am getting the tele for a ****ing bargain from my uncle. Sure i will upgrade the EX-50 but for now it suites my needs.

Understood lol, however the zoom pedal i wouldn't go with it. I owned a zoom MFX and it was a disapointement.
The bugera amp is a very good amp, if it is half price you almost get it free no?? And don't get the Zoom Multi FX, it blows...
Quote by Edgecrsuher
The bugera amp is a very good amp, if it is half price you almost get it free no?? And don't get the Zoom Multi FX, it blows...

Yeah i heard the zoom wasn't so great but it had built in recording stuff.

kai2demax what are you gonna buy at that sale?
Last edited by Final !mpact at Oct 9, 2008,
Not sure, might tighten up the gain a little. Don't think you'd particularly need one (the damn thing has alotta gain). Screw the Zoom. Multi-fx are overated for the most part my friend. Just grab the bugera
Quote by Highwaytohell
Not sure, might tighten up the gain a little. Don't think you'd particularly need one (the damn thing has alotta gain). Screw the Zoom. Multi-fx are overated for the most part my friend. Just grab the bugera

Well i have heard the gain is a little flabby so it could use a little tightening. I wasn't to keen on the multi effects. I mostly wanted it for the wah, chorus and recording.
Quote by pak1351
I hear bad things about the vox xl series, but never tried one.

Ive heard sound clips and vids on youtube and i think it sounds good. Still... I think i will go with the Bugera.

So

EX-50
Telecaster
Bugera 333
Bad monkey OD

Sound good? Does the bugera have a decent? clean channel? Should i get a chorus pedal for the cleans?
idk... i was going 4 the 6505... but since the guy is there... gah! oh well... ill just get the ibanez... 200 only!!!
Member of the Laney Cult

i would be camping there too.

and i would bring a taser with me - only a small one - but it would give me a few seconds head start - or i would put lax. in his flask of coffee...
Camping outside for a 5150?? Ebay...Craigslist. There are 5150's selling everywhere constantly.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Camping outside for a 5150?? Ebay...Craigslist. There are 5150's selling everywhere constantly.

Well... this is australia, and we know that everything here costs 2x as much as anything. I know for one that the ibanez that i might consider (damn u camper!!!) costs like 800US.... ITS ****ING 2200AUS!!!! tell me thats not ridiculous...

We all know australia is shit for musicians on a budget
Member of the Laney Cult

Quote by MESAexplorer

not in Australia
Quote by kai2demax
Well... this is australia, and we know that everything here costs 2x as much as anything. I know for one that the ibanez that i might consider (damn u camper!!!) costs like 800US.... ITS ****ING 2200AUS!!!! tell me thats not ridiculous...

We all know australia is shit for musicians on a budget

Sure, there is like a 30% markup on incoming gear and all, but isn't the australian dollar worth less than the american dollar.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Ghold125
a peavey valveking in the US is $400, in Aus it's 1000aud

Yeah....so almost exactly what I just said, thanks for reassuring me.

I'd go with a bugera 333 and the bad monkey.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by forsaknazrael
Whaddya play? Tele + 5150 sounds odd to me...

Jim Root plays a tele with orange amps and he's a drop A/B kinda guy for Slipknot and Stone Sout
Yeah prices suck here in Australia.

Quote by kai2demax
idk... i was going 4 the 6505... but since the guy is there... gah! oh well... ill just get the ibanez... 200 only!!!

I guarantee you wont get that 6505 .
i would get the bugera and the od.

For chorus, i'd say an EHX small clone, for wah, probably either a dunlop 535q, or a vox v847.

your not going to want to record with some shitty usb multi-fx. trust me. Get an ad/da converter of some sort and use that.
Quote by Final !mpact
OK heres what i should hopefully have by my birthday (6 months)

ESP EX-50 (I already own this)
'82 Fender Telecaster
New amp
New pedal

Now a place near me is having a huge sale but its a one only type thing. Everything is half price but they only stock on of each thing, first come, first served.

So heres the potential stuff.

Bugera 333 combo
5150 (I doubt it, people are camping outside the store for this thing)
Zoom G2 Multi FX
Various guitars.

If i don't get any of these I am going to buy a Vox Valvetronix XL (The heavy metal one) and a bad monkey OD pedal.

Sound good?
So thats...

ESP EX-50
'82 Fender Telecaster
Bugera 333 or Vox Valvetronix
Bad monkey or Zoom G2 Multi FX

Should i save up and get better stuff or would that be a good rig for a non gigging guitarist?

The 333 is good. Go for a used 5150. Better deal. The Valvetronix XL isnt that great. The Bad monkey is fine, though I doubt you will need it for those amps. And the Zoom sucks, pretty much.
Quote by Final !mpact

Get the Bugera, they are a great amp for the prcie, and especially for half the price.

The Bad Monkey is a pretty sucky OD (in other words, you could do better), you said there are people camping out for the 5150, and the Zoom is a really crappy multi-effects so Bugera it is.

Btw, which music shop is it that's having the sale, considering I'm Aussie too. Dw though, I'm from Sydney.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
lol im going to, im gonna be camping out i hope and ive got my eye on that bugera.
Quote by Linkin p4rk
lol im going to, im gonna be camping out i hope and ive got my eye on that bugera.

If your camping out there why not get the 6505? Its $8
Man I hope one of our UGers get one of these amps. The guy camping for the 6505 head is no idiot, if they actually have one. Go sit next to him, nao. Get the 333, for $25 you can't beat it ever. Maybe e-bay it for an amp you actually want if it doesn't suit you. Go nao!
Quote by gregs1020
Man I hope one of our UGers get one of these amps. The guy camping for the 6505 head is no idiot, if they actually have one. Go sit next to him, nao. Get the 333, for $25 you can't beat it ever. Maybe e-bay it for an amp you actually want if it doesn't suit you. Go nao!

Well one dude is camping out for that bugera. The bastard! . And that 6505 will be gone in a matter of seconds. I would go for it myself, but i would have to put out another few thousand for a good cab. And anyway, I'm just a teenager. I dont think the 6505 is really designed for bedroom practice. Could have made a killing on EBay though.

They have some other deals announced, just not in the catalogue. Could be a few good amps up for grabs and if not I'm hoping for a cheap drum kit or bass amp. Maybe a cheap-o guitar to stick on ebay for $100 . I'm sure they don't sell out everything in the first hour, the sale goes on for two days.

Besides, there's always next year.
Well i couldn't get the amp. They sold out.

Next time im camping out a night early so i get in front of the line.

I did get a drum kit though
It would have been about $750 new

Got it for $500 including pads so i don't piss of neighbours to much.

Pics in a sec.

I was surprised that the 5150 didn't get sold until about the 20th person. Even if you didnt want the amp you could have sold it for a huge profit.
Last edited by Final !mpact at Oct 11, 2008,