Hey guys, I have just recently found out about progressive rock, and I want to know what are some of the best bands in this genre. I already listen to Pink Floyd CONSTANTLY, but are they considered progressive? Thanks.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
THey are somewhat. But prog is very wide and diverse (in that aspect its much like indie, when youu say indie people go 'oh so it must sound like the killers or bloc party'; when you say prog people go 'ohh it must be like genesis'. And **** that).

Genesis sucks. Im sorry. But its prog. Pink Floyd rocks. Check out Rush, everybody loves Rush - Yes, too. (thats a band, 'yes' ). Those are classics.

More recent prog bands, Odin Dragonfly, Mostly Autumn, Pineapple Thief, Panic Room, Breathing Space, Credo...

Better idea. go to wikipedia and search for 'progressive rock'

^^
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by bornfidelity
THey are somewhat. But prog is very wide and diverse (in that aspect its much like indie, when youu say indie people go 'oh so it must sound like the killers or bloc party'; when you say prog people go 'ohh it must be like genesis'. And **** that).

Genesis sucks. Im sorry. But its prog. Pink Floyd rocks. Check out Rush, everybody loves Rush - Yes, too. (thats a band, 'yes' ). Those are classics.

More recent prog bands, Odin Dragonfly, Mostly Autumn, Pineapple Thief, Panic Room, Breathing Space, Credo...

Better idea. go to wikipedia and search for 'progressive rock'

^^

Genesis was one of the greatest groups ever. Did you eat a giant bowl of down syndrome for breakfast?

Rush, while i love them, are ****ing nursery rymes compared to genesis.
perhaps if genesis dropped the $30 keyboard-sounding synthesizers...

Besides, Phil Collins shoudn't sing in a rock band, he's got a pop voice. I loved his drumming though, especially with Robert Plant. wow that was awesome
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Porcupine Tree, Riverside, and Novembre are worth mentioning.

Some of it delves into Progressive Metal, but it's still pretty good stuff.

Also give a look to Blackside, a side project with Porcupine Tree's front man, kind of unique band.
Yes is the shit. Listen to the album Close to the Edge. Porcupine Tree is good too, but I don't get why people consider them progressive because I don't think they are.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Songs like Gravity Eyelids, My Ashes, and Blackest Eyes come to mind. I wouldn't say they're indicative of the genre, but they have some highly varied work.

Opeth is also something I deem sort of progressive. They're more in line with progressive metal with some death elements in they're earlier work. Damnation is a beautiful album though.
Rush and Yes are good bands to check out. I'd say, in my opinion, they're the best ones, I mean, some of Rick Wakeman's keyboard stuff is crazy, along with Neil Peart's drumming.

Some of the best guys of rock keyboarding/percussioning.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
go to the bands and artists forum

80s rock, shred and progressive to be specific.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Coheed and Cambria.

Granted, they aren't everyone's cup of tea, but they are one of the most successful Prog Rock bands right now. I think Muse could be considered Prog too, but I'm not 100% sure.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX