Yes that's a good guitar IMO, what guitar & amp do you have now? you may just need a OD pedal for added gain and some higher gauge strings, such as 11's to tune to those lower tunings.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
The ex 400 is an AMAZING guitar. smooth neck extremely light.

Its my favorite of 4. its perfect for metal too its all i play
The LTD explorers are pretty good. I have the EX-351. I don't know what kind of pickups the ex-400 has, but i swapped out the passive EMG's in mine, and once i did that it sounded amazing. I play a lot of metal stuff in D and drop C so it would be perfect for what you want to do.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by dancesisidance
Yes that's a good guitar IMO, what guitar & amp do you have now? you may just need a OD pedal for added gain and some higher gauge strings, such as 11's to tune to those lower tunings.

yeah i know, my current guitar is a epi les paul studio
and my amp sucks as well (roland cube >.<, but im gonna buy a new one
kthxbai.
Last edited by OMGWTFBBQ? at Oct 9, 2008,
Quote by OMGWTFBBQ?
I want to tune it to C and retune it from time to time to D , so i can play some good metal.

So your saying there's no 'good metal' in standard tuning
*PROFILE NOT IN USE*
Quote by mightmuffin
So your saying there's no 'good metal' in standard tuning

yes , i am!
no man, there is enough good metal in standard, but i want to play bands that play in different tunings
kthxbai.
Seems like a good guitar. ESP's are great for metal. Maybe check a Jackson too though? Have fun
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo