Is it okay to play an electronic drum kit through a guitar amp or would this completely screw the amp up?

its a spider II 15W amp (digi modelling)

just that our drummer hasn't got his amp yet and we need to practise

thanks.
Quote by DieGarbageMan

how could you not forsee the rise of surskits!

Quote by CaptainRon
One second let me just ask my penis.

Reel Big Fish: 20/02.09
Rise Against: 22/02/09
If it's possible, it'd probably better to put it through a bass amp. And I disagree with the post above me because it's just a practice...
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
yea tis possible but just watch the volume, a keyboard amp would be ideal
yes, you will get sound. it might sound like crap, but you will get something. Just keep the eq flat and all the effects off. if you want, a tiny bit of reverb or delay to make the sound bigger, but not too much of either.

Try and keep the volume as low as possible, since the constant thump of the bass drum could damage the speaker. I've yet to see it happen, but it is theoretically possible.

And be sure to get a wah pedal into the signal somewhere. you havent lived until you've played wah-drums.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
I find that one of the advantages of having an electronic drum kit is that you can have a "quiet jam", I've jammed with a guy who had an electronic drum kit, we just picked up a cheap mixer, we plugged the guitar, bass and drums into the mixer and plugged in the headphones and had a great jam. The best thing about it is you can play in a residential area and also you won't damage your hearing with loud amps

Still, nothing beats jamming with amps on full volume and a massive drum kit to fight against
Last edited by ravioli123 at Oct 9, 2008,
its a spider.. i woudlnt worry about breaking it
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Quote by PETERFKNPARKER
its a spider.. i woudlnt worry about breaking it

+1