I have posted stuff about the Krank Rev Jr. and I really like the sound they produce. I have been looking at a couple others and need some help choosing. I'm looking at the the Line 6 spider valve 212 and the bugera 333xl combo. If you know of any other amps that would be of better quality or better bang for your buck please post them. I play music similar dethklok, Avenged Sevenfold, Pantera, Slayer, etc..
Out of all those, I'd probably choose the Krank Rev Jr.
The Line 6 Spider Valve is a horrible, horrible amp.
My old band gigged with a couple of bands that used it and the sound that came from them was enough to make me feel physically sick haha.
The bugera's still have a fair few horror stories about reliability floating round, and Krank's are just better sounding amps.
Krank for sure. I would have got one had i the budget for it.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
anybody else think the vypyr thing is over hyped i tried one out the other day and tought it was whatever, just strictly metal amp.
its alright i guese but i was dissapointed i tought the amp was ganna be better than vox or roland, but it wasnt, it was just another mediocre amp/
Quote by Redsox4ever5955
get a peavey 212 there amazing i just tryed one out and love it

Get the 112, its plenty big, it's easier to mod and is the best bang for your buck.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Krank Rev Jr VS Valveking is NO contest whatsoever.
Valvekings are mediocre and Rev Jr's bring the ****ing br00talz
Quote by Dream Pin
Krank Rev Jr VS Valveking is NO contest whatsoever.
Valvekings are mediocre and Rev Jr's bring the ****ing br00talz

Valvekings with the right mods and an od pedal are really good actually.

I never said the valveking is better than the Krank. The krank owns the valveking at metal. Thats obvious, the rev jr. is amazing. but some people can't or don't want to spend 800 dollars.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
whats your budget man, that makes a huge difference.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
i heard VK heads doing dark metal (chugga chugga kind) last weekend and couldn't believe they were doing those sounds w/ no OD pedal...just power amp distortion and preamp gain set reasonably high, and Mesa (yes i know they're rebranded) tubes....i was quite fond of the sound i heard.

oh and Dream_Pin, i saw your post about the Spider Valves...dunno if you've played one or not, but i wouldn't be TOO quick to assume that just b/c another band makes an amp sound bad, the amp is terrible. i've heard beautiful clips on youtube of them, but yet to try one myself. i really want to for the fun of it. i'm sure any noob could make a Plexi or Recto sound like pure shit.

now if you said you spent half an hour watching them TRY to dial in what they thought were good settings, and none of them sounded remotely fair...then i'd have been slightly more persuaded...
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by LaidBack
whats your budget man, that makes a huge difference.

Well my budget has changed a couple of times, due to bills that just keep coming out of no where. I need a guitar and an amp, so the less the better, but if it's a matter of 100 or 150 on either to get a much better amp or guitar it's fine. I debated getting a half stack, because my friend keeps pushing half stacks even though I play at home. He wants me to get a b-52 or line 6 half, but from what I am seeing they are reviewed that well.

I would say $600.00 US at this time due to bills.

I found a couple used rev jrs and musicians friend offered me a deal of $637 for the JR head and a single 1x12. I have no problem running another companies speaker cab, so maybe I could work something out that way and get it cheaper and maybe an extra speaker, any recommendations welcome.

Thanks for helping out everyone
The Bugera's do have horror stories but for the price, they really can't be beat. Amazing sounding metal amps. The Rev is also great and is better for home playing as it is 20w as opposed to 120. And Slash, I don't think anyone could make a Plexi sound like shit. Recto's can be a little touchy but Plexis's=win
ha, really? so if you gave a gain nazi with no sense of EQ'ing a 70s Super Lead and digitech death metal pedal (with the obvious scooped setting), it wouldn't rape that Marshall worse than Lucas and Spielberg did Indiana last night?

(referring to SP last night) i almost cried...i can never play a pinball machine again...

though if the plexi has a responsive set of EQ controls, i don't see why a noob couldn't make it sound like garbage by EQ'ing it like a dopehead. could be wrong though!!! with a dirtbox/FX processor, i DEFINITELY think ANY amp can be ruined.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by Necrophagist777
Valvekings with the right mods and an od pedal are really good actually.

Actually they are not. They are nothing but boxes of gain with no tone. I've heard/seen several clips and videos of people trying to play metal on modded VKs and it sounds like gain, gain, gain with no life. Plus, they aren't worth upgrading. Why buy an amp and put a couple hundred dollars more into it when you could spend that same money on a great amp in the first place!?

TS: Definitely go with the Rev Jr. It will definitely get the job done for you!
Quote by slash_rocks2005
ha, really? so if you gave a gain nazi with no sense of EQ'ing a 70s Super Lead and digitech death metal pedal (with the obvious scooped setting), it wouldn't rape that Marshall worse than Lucas and Spielberg did Indiana last night?

(referring to SP last night) i almost cried...i can never play a pinball machine again...

though if the plexi has a responsive set of EQ controls, i don't see why a noob couldn't make it sound like garbage by EQ'ing it like a dopehead. could be wrong though!!! with a dirtbox/FX processor, i DEFINITELY think ANY amp can be ruined.

Well I was under the assumption we were running straight into the amp
In which case even a really bad eq job wouldn't make it sound like SHIT. It might not be great or anything but it will be decent. As for the death metal pedal, well, you could take a trainwreck and *ahem* trainwreck it with that thing.
Conclusions? Plexis win and Digitech DMP fails.
i concur
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005

South Park was hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing at the PF changs sections.

Is it going to be worth the extra cash to get the Krank Rev Jr over the others listed?

The two guitars I am looking at to be playing on this amp are the ESP ltd ex400 and the Schecter c-1 hellraiser both have emg's. The only schecter I have looked at without emgs has jb/59 set up.
^ Dude you are in the same situation I'm in. Moderate budget with active guitars looking for tube driven amps for metal and heavy rock. The only thing I'm looking for is to freaking find one to try out, since a clean channel is also very important to me.

I've heard some good things from the Randall rc50tc. Its a nice sized metal out of the box combo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUCn-r4EVRo

Thats a pretty good demo of what it can do when cranked.

Jeez now I have like a huge list of things to try out now. Krank JR being the newest thing added to the list:

Bugera 333xl, 6262
Randall rc50tc
krank rev jr

Don't even mention valvekings, I wish peavey would pull their head out of their ass and sell a valveking worth its salt.
Thanks for posting the rg50, that sounds sick! I think it sounds just as good as the Krank, or at least the video makes it seem that way. I appreciate it! Keep me informed of what you find in amps and guitars, because you're looking at very similar stuff. I'll do the same

Party on!
Quote by slash_rocks2005

My buddy I jam with all the time has an older brother who does this exactly!
He actually has 2, YES 2, early '70s 50W plexis in really nice condition, a '71 & a '72 I believe. He's such a freak, though, that he won't let anyone else play them, & when he plays, they sound like absolute sh!t. He thinks they sound awesome with all the in-line effects of God-knows-what & his mediocre skills. AAAAUUUGGGHH !
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
i think it's time UAPAU steps in....

Undeserving Amp Players Assassination Union

would you prefer that he's taken out messy with uzis and 12-gauges, or nice and clean with one single shot from 3/4 mile away?

we're already printing out the counterfeit receipts showing that you purchased those two amps from a shut-down mom an pop's shop back in 95'.

and your new name is now: Ivanna Humpalot....so brush up on your Russian...and...uh...having a vagina part
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
I found a Crate Stealth head, it looks like crap, but it sounds great. It's 250, is it worth it or do those suck? I think it's from the 90s from what I found by google.
Hughes and Kettner
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
I'm not sure about that Stealth Crate, but another amp company I was looking at was ENGL the fireball 60w, any thoughts on that head?
does the krank rev jr(or the rev jr pro for that matter) come with a cab or is it head exclusive for the $599?

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
does the krank rev jr(or the rev jr pro for that matter) come with a cab or is it head exclusive for the $599?

Head for $600
1x12 cab $250
thanks

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1