Getting a floyd installed would be pretty ****ing expensive on that guitar. You'd have to get the routing and all done. Pickups would be much cheaper.

As far as the floyd thing goes, for what it'd cost, you're better off buying a new guitar with a floyd.
Quote by caraluzzo
Getting a floyd installed would be pretty ****ing expensive on that guitar. You'd have to get the routing and all done. Pickups would be much cheaper.

As far as the floyd thing goes, for what it'd cost, you're better off buying a new guitar with a floyd.

all right. thanks.
I'm Steve
If you are not using a very good amp, upgrade that first as new pickups might make much of a difference to your tone if you have a bad amp. The amp is the most effecting factor in your tone.
Quote by Mikeyw1233
If you are not using a very good amp, upgrade that first as new pickups might make much of a difference to your tone if you have a bad amp. The amp is the most effecting factor in your tone.

yes, what amp do you have?
Quote by Irnmaiden4life's Profile
Irnmaiden4life has 3 pieces of equipment:
Ibanez: RG2EX1
Fender: Stratocaster
Some Crappy: Tranzamp

New amp time. A new amp will improve your sound so much more than new pickups. Budget, styles of music, etc?
Don't upgrade a guitar you don't own yet.

Play it for 3 months or so and see how you would like your tone improving and go about it that way.

edit

Nevermind
Sorry!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Last edited by Chrisiphone at Oct 9, 2008,
Quote by Chrisiphone
Don't upgrade a guitar you don't own yet.

Play it for 3 months or so and see how you would like your tone improving and go about it that way.

...what?
he owns his ibanez
and so yes, its time for a new amp, whats your budget?
well i havent changed my profile but i made a big mistake getting a spider III 15 watt, probably gonna get pickups first then roland cube for christmas.

atleast thats what im considering.

i play thrash metal, shred
I'm Steve
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
well i havent changed my profile but i made a big mistake getting a spider III 15 watt, probably gonna get pickups first then roland cube for christmas

err you'll be better of with the amp first just because you won't notice much of a difference with the line 6.
EDIT: and try vox valvetronix, i like them better than roland cubes
Quote by stratdud39
err you'll be better of with the amp first just because you won't notice much of a difference with the line 6.
EDIT: and try vox valvetronix, i like them better than roland cubes

i have considered them, but i would have to hold out on the pickups until i get more cash, just because i will probably only have $250 from my birthday on the 20th and christmas
I'm Steve
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
i have considered them, but i would have to hold out on the pickups until i get more cash, just because i will probably only have $250 from my birthday on the 20th and christmas

but arent they the same price as cubes?
anyways, just a suggestion, i would try both out first.
Quote by stratdud39
but arent they the same price as cubes?
anyways, just a suggestion, i would try both out first.

most of the time they are $50 more than rolands but ill go to GC sometime and do that
I'm Steve