well i went to a a few local guitar shops and tryed out some amps. first i went to a shop with crates. and i am telling you the truth. it sounded like sh*t. omg. i could not believe how bad it sound. i was supose to be up grading marshall mg 15dfx. and my marshall dissed it. and i tryed a randall 30 ss. b/c they just sold the one that 75 watts that a hybrid. and so i tryed the ss out and it sound better than the crate. then i went the last one and they did not have the peavey 112. so i tryed the 212 b/c its the same just the 112 does not have as much power. and wow amazing amp. i think i am going to buy it. all tube and it can do metal really well . so tey out those amps.

DO U HAVE ANY COMMENTS ON WHAT I SAID. DO COMMENT IF YOU LIKE.
Quote by stratdud39
well i honestly thought the 212 sounded too tiny, but if you like it, it doesnt matter.
and, you should look into used, if people havnt already told you to.
congrats

well we have a pa system so i dont need the biggest amp. what kind of amp do u have
Quote by Redsox4ever5955
well we have a pa system so i dont need the biggest amp. what kind of amp do u have

i have a fender blues junior
i love it, and its a great amp, but unfortunately, it is not a metal amp, and i love to play megadeth and metallica . What i should have done, was gotten a used peavey classic 30, that would have covered gnr, jim hendrix, van halen, led zeppelin, and megadeth and metallica.
i think you'll be happy with the peavey, you might want a distortion pedal with it though, unless you have active or other very hot pickups.
Get the 112 with an OD pedal of some kind (TubeScreamer, Bad Monkey etc.). Put the Level to 10 and the gain to 0 on the od.

BASK IN THE GLORY OF YOUR AMPS METAL AWESOMENESS!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by stratdud39
i have a fender blues junior
i love it, and its a great amp, but unfortunately, it is not a metal amp, and i love to play megadeth and metallica . What i should have done, was gotten a used peavey classic 30, that would have covered gnr, jim hendrix, van halen, led zeppelin, and megadeth and metallica.
i think you'll be happy with the peavey, you might want a distortion pedal with it though, unless you have active or other very hot pickups.

yea i looked at the blues junior. and liked it but its called blues junior for a reason. and the classic 30 waz to much.
Quote by Necrophagist777
Get the 112 with an OD pedal of some kind (TubeScreamer, Bad Monkey etc.). Put the Level to 10 and the gain to 0 on the od.

BASK IN THE GLORY OF YOUR AMPS METAL AWESOMENESS!

ok i have a sd-1. i will do that. is the peavey 112 a good amp. like i always here." your tone remains in your amp" so is that a good amp that will give me good tone?
Used classic 30s go for $300 all the time, VK 112's go for $225-250. For everything up to early Metallica, the classic 30 does very well - especially at gig volume. But for more gain, the VK is a better option IMO. There is quite a clan of VK haters out there - I guess one killed someones cat once or something. But I for one like that amp, and don't own it for the record. Your our VA guy right? Any luck on clist?

Edit VK+EQ+OD=very good set up. The Od tightens things up and the eq allows you to shape your tone, on a budget that is a very good set up.
Quote by gregs1020
Used classic 30s go for $300 all the time, VK 112's go for $225-250. For everything up to early Metallica, the classic 30 does very well - especially at gig volume. But for more gain, the VK is a better option IMO. There is quite a clan of VK haters out there - I guess one killed someones cat once or something. But I for one like that amp, and don't own it for the record. Your our VA guy right? Any luck on clist?

Edit VK+EQ+OD=very good set up. The Od tightens things up and the eq allows you to shape your tone, on a budget that is a very good set up.

how did you know i am a VA guy? and no i havent went on cragslist yet. is it bad to buy them new? i think my dad can talk to the owner of the shop to 300-350 plus tax
I wouldn't say I'm a VK hater but I couldn't say I particularly like them either. As valve amps go I don't find their tone to be that special but it has to be said that it's a lot of amp for the money and I certainly wouldn't say it's a bad amp. I think if it was me and I wanted a 'new' amp I'd be looking at a Laney VC30 with a good distortion pedal. The tone is excellent and certainly better than the VK in my opinion but it does need a pedal to get any kind of decent gain. Another possibility might be a Randall RG-50 TC as it is apparently very good at high gain and is another valve amp at a very competitive price.

All that said, if the VK is what works for you then why not? I understand they take speaker and valve upgrades very well indeed so you could certainly improve it as more money becomes available.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Redsox4ever5955
how did you know i am a VA guy? and no i havent went on cragslist yet. is it bad to buy them new? i think my dad can talk to the owner of the shop to 300-350 plus tax

I remember searching boston for you, then JJ told us you were in VA, lol. Anyway - nothing wrong with going new at $300-$350. Usually the 112 is $400 so... VK's are a good all around amp, good at most things, but great at none? At least that is what I get from the non-VK guys. I've tried it, it isn't as bad as some say IMO. But grab a fish n chips eq or better eq if you can, and a od. On a budget, a bad monkey od is in order. Those things really help this amp, as they do most I s'pose. But if you go searching clist, you may find something better in the same price range - never hurts to see what is out there. VA though, maybe slim pickin's.
Quote by gregs1020
I remember searching boston for you, then JJ told us you were in VA, lol. Anyway - nothing wrong with going new at $300-$350. Usually the 112 is $400 so... VK's are a good all around amp, good at most things, but great at none? At least that is what I get from the non-VK guys. I've tried it, it isn't as bad as some say IMO. But grab a fish n chips eq or better eq if you can, and a od. On a budget, a bad monkey od is in order. Those things really help this amp, as they do most I s'pose. But if you go searching clist, you may find something better in the same price range - never hurts to see what is out there. VA though, maybe slim pickin's.

thanks for your help. does it cost oney to put stuff on crags list. i have a marshall mg 15dfx. and want to sell it. plus how much do u think its worth used it looks brand new.
craigslist is free, but the person will have to come to your house to buy it, or you will have to bring it to them, no shipping items allowed, your ad will be removed if you say you want to ship it. almost all of my gear (2 electrics, a Valve junior, an acoustic hardcase, a DS-1, and a peavey practice amp) was bought on there and I sold a guitar on there, so it's a good place to sell/buy stuff.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by Redsox4ever5955
ok i have a sd-1. i will do that. is the peavey 112 a good amp. like i always here." your tone remains in your amp" so is that a good amp that will give me good tone?

I can get a good modern metal tone. i also like to dabble in southern rock and it does that great too. And it's great to upgrade as you go along.

A new speaker is not essential but it will make a big difference, the same with tubes.

It's a good amp by itself, with the OD pedal and maybe a eq its great, and with a new speaker and tubes you have a beast of an amp.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
The lead channel is sub-par, specially for metal tones, but a OD pedal will help
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨