Hey guys!

I'm looking to change the pups in my B.C Rich, but I don't really know what I'm looking for. I play Metallica kind of stuff, with a bit of Trivium and S.O.A.D mixed in too, and I'm partial to the odd pinch harmonic as well

Any one have any suggestions as to what would be best?

Cheers
Stuff:

Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
BC Rich Metal Master KKV
Aria STG series thingy

Line6 SpiderIII 30 watt

Line6 POD X3 Live

{Max: " think of the children!"

Marie: " its the POPPY APPEAL!"}
get a new amp first, cos the new pups wont do jack if u already have shit tone
i have a modest rig which consists of guitar related stuff
Member of the Laney Cult
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

my band : Fragments.
I was thinking about changing both amp and pick ups, but they seem to be quite noisy pups, and I dont think they have enough gain for my liking, but as said, that could be my amp.
Stuff:

Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
BC Rich Metal Master KKV
Aria STG series thingy

Line6 SpiderIII 30 watt

Line6 POD X3 Live

The 81/85 set from EMG is awesome, but they're active. You'll have to change the battery.

Another awesome active pickup set: Seymour Duncan Blackouts

If you want some good passive pickups, I suggest Seymour Duncan JB's or Duncan Distortions in the bridge. Along with '59 or Jazz in the neck.

If EMG is your thing, use EMG-HZ (Passive)
Try it, I dare you!
Quote by iwantedmillet
I was thinking about changing both amp and pick ups, but they seem to be quite noisy pups, and I dont think they have enough gain for my liking, but as said, that could be my amp.

That would be your amp. You will never notice the difference between any two sets of pickups through that Spider, save your money and upgrade that first then we can talk about pickups.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Ok guys, cheers. So...

New amp, maybe a Randall RG50TC?

And then pups, if they're still needed after?
Stuff:

Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
BC Rich Metal Master KKV
Aria STG series thingy

Line6 SpiderIII 30 watt

Line6 POD X3 Live

^ +1

You won't notice a big difference through a modelling amp like that Spider. Save up enough money and get yourself a nice combo which is sufficient enough for metal, then you won't have to worry about changing pickups.

But if you're really set on changing the pickups I'd reccommend Seymour Duncan blackouts, EMG 81/60 or 81/85 set.
Cool cool.

Thanks for the advice guys!!!
Stuff:

Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
BC Rich Metal Master KKV
Aria STG series thingy

Line6 SpiderIII 30 watt

Line6 POD X3 Live

Quote by iwantedmillet
Ok guys, cheers. So...

New amp, maybe a Randall RG50TC?

And then pups, if they're still needed after?

To be honest I was very unimpressed with the Randall when I tried it out, I'm much more in favour of the Peavey VK ro some kind of used amp; look around.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
To be honest I was very unimpressed with the Randall when I tried it out, I'm much more in favour of the Peavey VK ro some kind of used amp; look around.

i quite liked the one i tried (for the money); however, i'd agree that if you can save up more, you can do quite a bit better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
upgrade your amp...then your guitar....then we will talk
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by Dave_Mc
i quite liked the one i tried (for the money); however, i'd agree that if you can save up more, you can do quite a bit better.

Obviously it all comes down to opinion but I found it to be lacking in any kind of character at all, it just sounded so flat and boring. Cleans were also extremely uninspiring. May have been the guitar I was playing though, who knows.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Whenever you do get pups, do yourself a favor and don't get the EMG HZs, they are seriously lacking, there's virtually no compression
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Obviously it all comes down to opinion but I found it to be lacking in any kind of character at all, it just sounded so flat and boring. Cleans were also extremely uninspiring. May have been the guitar I was playing though, who knows.

yeah, of course, that always plays a big part too.

i've heard those same criticisms levelled at the valveking too, lol... (not that i necessarily agree, much like the randall, i figure it's alright for the price, assuming it doesn't break!)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i've heard those same criticisms levelled at the valveking too, lol... (not that i necessarily agree, much like the randall, i figure it's alright for the price, assuming it doesn't break!)

True indeed but to me the VK's gain just sounded so much better in just about every way. In my opinion the VK is better value than the Randall because not only does it do metal better but it has more versatility in general. Not that any of this really matters seeing as how we both own decent tube amps anyway

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
yeah, i'd agree that the VK is more versatile, but i think the randall is better for out and out metal. however, i've never been able to try the two head to head...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?