Ok, so I've been recording for quite a while, but have only really managed to get a good sounding clean/light distortion sound. Whenever it comes to heavy metal sounds, it just always sound like a crunch setting (which I'm not a fan of). Going for a Metallica/Megadeth/Testament sound roughly.

Just wondering whether anyone owns/has used the Line6 Pod 2.0, and has any opinions on it. I'm sure there are better souding products out there but I'm on a budget (£100/$200ish).

My current recording rig;

Jackson RR5>>Marshall Avt 150hx head (skipped if recording acoustic)>>Edirol FA66 FW Interface>>Apple G5 iMac>>Logic Pro 8

Thanks.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
Anybody?
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
It does the job, but it's not particularly spectacular. I've had one for 2 years now, it can do anything, but it can't do everything well. It takes a lot of tweaking and finding out how many things that are that you can change, but don't expect to get perfect metal tones out of it.
i've used the pod2.0 for years now...i love it and think it sounds great. you need a midi connection and the software to really tweak it and uncover all the options. you may not be able to find one patch/setting for metal and sound like someone else though because those guys use multiple amps and cabs and mix them together to craft the sound they are after. i usually record a couple passes using different setups and blend them for the sound im after. also don't over do the distortion......it will muddy the sound.....use lower/mid distortion settings to maintain some defintion in the guitars.. yu will be surprised how well it sounds when you mix them. you can check some of my covers to hear it....it is all I have used. www.soundclick.com/lugzz i recently purchased a digitech rp350 (mainly for the whammy effect) and i find the pod kills it in amp/cab sims whereas the digi has nicer sounding effects hope my rambling helps cheers
bulb gets a killer tone with the POD
i dont own one myself, but i love bulb/periphery's stuff
^ took the words out of my mouth, bulb is everywhere haha. he uses the metal pack, with the big bottom amp model i believe, but he definately uses the overdrive setting before his amp models
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Maybe try out a V-Amp. I had problems with it for live use, but my recollection was that it got better 'metal' sounds than the POD. It is also cheaper than the POD.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.