Whats up everybody
I'm a relatively new guitarist, been playing for about 9 months without lessons
I'm getting pretty decent so I wanna upgrade from my Epiphone Studio 15R starter amp
I am torn between a Line 6 Spider III 30W and a Marshall MG30DFX
Any advice?

P.S. I use an Epiphone Les Paul Special II and I like to play rock, alternative rock, and small amount of metal (like metallica).
well i own the marshall mg 15 dfx and it is a good amp. till you need to gig. i have never used the spyder tho
Lol the people here hate both the amps. Personally take the marshall because marshall rocks, nice tone with a nice full bodied OD - i dont care what the n00bs say - its a good amp. And i generally dont like Spiders, because anything thats relatively cheap by line 6 generally isnt worth having imo
Both are horrible amps (from first hand experience, I'm not a bandwagon kinda guy)
What's your budget?
A Roland Cube 30 would be much better than either of those
ohai little sig.
Blackheart Little Giant
Now do you believe in rock and roll?

Can music save your mortal soul?
I've never actually heard an MG but the word pretty much everywhere is that they're total crap.

I HAVE played Line 6 amps though. Every single one I've seen sounded like crap.

Stand by for either a flood of flames or a flood of suggestions in the same price range, depending on how UG's feeling.

Demonikk: Roland Cube amps always seem to be liked by people who love super high-gain metal. That's not what he's looking for.

These days there are actually some tube amps available in that price range, although there are some good solid state ones as well.
Last edited by Blaster Bob at Oct 9, 2008,
Quote by Demonikk
Both are horrible amps (from first hand experience, I'm not a bandwagon kinda guy)
What's your budget?

I disagree, the marshall amps sound really good, im not that fond of spyders, both from first hand experience.

Since your not bandwagon, im not gona flame you - i actually respect your opinion instead of you saying LOL MG SUX BALLS LOL KKTHNXBAI whilst bumming smb.
dude, get a roland cube 30x or a peavey vypyr 30watt amp, heard good things abt the vypyrs.
I guess for lighter styles of music MGs could be alright, but I absolutely hated my MG100, no matter which dials I turned it sounded pretty much the same

Quote by Blaster Bob

Demonikk: Roland Cube amps always seem to be liked by people who love super high-gain metal. That's not what he's looking for.

These days there are actually some tube amps available in that price range, although there are some good solid state ones as well.

It's very versatile however and I've found it to be pretty good at lighter music as well

If TS can stretch to it, a Peavey Classic 30 should cover his needs very well
ohai little sig.
Last edited by Demonikk at Oct 9, 2008,
Not a bandwagoner here. I've played through both MGs and Spiders in my life. Do not get one. Get a Roland Cube or a Vox Valvetronix.
Quote by gourd42
i was going to insult thedude97, BUT HIS AVATAR SHOWS MORDOR!
If it was me I'd get either a cube or a vox ad15vt xl or something.
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
Quote by Demonikk
What's your budget?

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
roland cube or vox valvetronix.

if you get the spider or mg you WILL regret it.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
I really appreciate the input
Just trying to get a feel of amps before christmas haha
Whats wrong with the Spider and the Marshall? Doesnt last long?