i'm in a bad and i've been playing guitar for about 8 years now. my main problem is that i just can't seem to rock out during the gig. like i just stand there with my legs just stiff. i got a lot of crap from my bandmates about this so i practiced with a body mirror at home. i can rock out when i'm alone (which i think everyone can ) but when it comes to the show, something just holds me back.. how do i free myself??
Equipments:
Fender American Telecaster N7
Yamaha CG150
Line 6 Tonecore Echopark
Behringer VAMP 2.0

"There's only two colors around the world. That's pink and green. Making love and making money." - Blacks20
get gassed

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Make sure you know the song all the way through, in the dark, eyes closed. If you know how to play the song really well, you can free yourself.
♥xx♥

stop giving a **** about how dumb you may or may not look on stage and start just having fun playing
Quote by reesy
stop giving a **** about how dumb you may or may not look on stage and start just having fun playing

i don't think its how dumb i look thats holding me back. because i think standing still looks more dumb.
Equipments:
Yamaha CG150
Line 6 Tonecore Echopark
Behringer VAMP 2.0

"There's only two colors around the world. That's pink and green. Making love and making money." - Blacks20
practice, practice, practice. know the songs super well and you'll be able to do whatever you want on stage, especially if the music isn't too technically challenging for you.
i want to break free!

just get into the stuff you're playing and take it from there. imagine the mirror in front of you. no one will care if it's a good crowd.
also, practice what you'd do onstage at band practice or rehearsal or whatever.
internalize the beat and song and that will help too. so you don't even have to think about it
if you have to force it and practice it, maybe you should just not rock out. it should just flow
Quote by DirtyMakik
Pointless threads like those make me cry my bloody cum out.
i can play the songs well. whether its soloing or whatever. the weird thing is i'm not nervous. the only time i was ever nervous gigging was my first ever gig. so i'm not really sure what it is thats holding me back. does anyone else here just stand still and play?
Equipments:
Yamaha CG150
Line 6 Tonecore Echopark
Behringer VAMP 2.0

actually, does anyone practice in the mirror like me?? or do you guys just let out whats natural?? my brother also plays the guitar and he rocks out like crazy and he looks good doing it
Equipments:
Yamaha CG150
Line 6 Tonecore Echopark
Behringer VAMP 2.0

Drink Red Bull, you cant stand still. Or drink so much that you have to pee and you will be jumping all over the stage.
...What!?
Quote by vagabond09
i'm in a bad and i've been playing guitar for about 8 years now. my main problem is that i just can't seem to rock out during the gig. like i just stand there with my legs just stiff. i got a lot of crap from my bandmates about this so i practiced with a body mirror at home. i can rock out when i'm alone (which i think everyone can ) but when it comes to the show, something just holds me back.. how do i free myself??
Pelvic thrust at the audience. They will love you and your bad.
The Prime Factorisation of the number of the beast : 2x3x3x37
You have no confidence. This will be a problem for you in all aspects of your life. Just take the plunge and run around the stage like a moron. You'll be the most memorable one anyway.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT