Hey, I have a problem. My problem is that I'm audtioning for the guitar part in a school show and I have to put together a medley (thats what we call it over here anyways, dunno if its an international term. Anyways, its a collection of different riffs and parts of songs that you put together to flow into each other).

So, the only thing I've figured out so far is the intro, which will be the welcome to the jungle intro, and the ending, which will be one of the soloes in glasgow kiss by petrucci, the rest i don't have a clue about.

My problem is that there's not much time left to make this one, and Im not as well versed in the jazz, blues and funk genre as I'd like to be. Anyways, I need some suggestions as to which songs i could incorporate into my medley from these genres, preferably something fairly advanced, but not too much.

Thanks a BUNCH for any answers
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.
try Giant Steps by John Coltrane. that song is a bitch to solo over, but just use the written music, you should be fine
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
3 complety different genres

You may as well ask, "I am not well versed in the metal/rock n'roll/country genre"

Blues: Blind Willie Johnson, Muddy Waters, Freddie King
Jazz: Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Djano Reinhardt
Don't know anything about funk, don't really care about it
Maggot Brain for funk. It's a 10 minute solo.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Not really a funk track even though it's probably atleast a top 5 best guitar solo's ever.
RHCP for funk
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm