Page 1 of 2
Man reads entire Oxford dictionary, biggest loser in the world.

You cannot have that much time. Seriously.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
wow... just wow...
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
He should be an english teacher.
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet
Wow
I am sooooo hard for him right now.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
I feel very unbepissed after reading that.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
He has returned from his adventure in the far reaches of the English language with a rich harvest of obscure and forgotten words to share: indispensable gems such as “deipnophobia” (fear of dinner parties) or “apricity” (the warmth of the sun in winter). In return he suffered back pain, problems with his sight and constant headaches.

totally worth it
Sig space available, give me some praise
Shocking really.
That bloody dictionary is giant!
I always laugh when I see the Oxford Concise English Dictionary in our college library. It's about the size of my desk work surface and pretty thick too.

I'm glad I read that article though, it would seem that I often am riddled with onomatomania.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

As his book, Reading the Oxford English Dictionary, makes clear, Mr Shea’s feat failed to make him a better person, improve his conversation or make him appear more intelligent. Rather it turned him into a mafflard (a stuttering or blundering fool), bedevilled by onomatomania (vexation at having difficulty in finding the right word).

Yeah, complete waste of time.
Quote by yeoman125
i would love to see his face when they release the next issue

BRILLIANT!
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Yeah, and I bet he was great at interacting socially before-hand as well.

D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by michal23

I'm lost for words... (lame pun intended)

i'm sure he wasn't.
Good for him, its more words than the average person reads, I guess.

Still a dork though.
Oh dear lord, this comment at the bottom of the article made me rage:

Quote by Christian
Correction: It's a feat for ANYONE to read the thing. I must say, however, that Shea's time would have been better spent reading the Bible just once. Anything we can do, God can do better. And to think that our Maker knows every language ever spoken, every book ever written, and us--inside and out.
Quote by Vermintide

I wouldn't be mad, that comment seems rather tame compared to other christians' comments online.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by Vermintide

Same here... But the thing that made me laugh was that he said he has taken up reading the dictionary again! For pleasure!

A true hero.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
They should have given him some kind of JACKPOT for it.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
It isn't considerably longer than both bible testaments, I don't see what's so special.

...It has a terrible plot though.

Quote by Flying Couch
I want to ask him how many synonyms for masturbation he discovered.

Very few, I would imagine. Unless you mean euphemisms.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Last edited by rabidguitarist at Oct 9, 2008,
Quote by rabidguitarist
It isn't considerably longer than both bible testaments

He read the proper, full on, 16-volume TL;DR version. Not the school one you're probably thinking of
Quote by Vermintide
He read the proper, full on, 16-volume TL;DR version. Not the school one you're probably thinking of

No, I mean the full on oxford dictionary with 615,000 entries.

And I'm not talking about the school bibles either.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Vermintide

Same here. I'd like to go one article on the ****ing internet without these ****s preaching their crap everywhere. I don't care if you believe it yourself, but ****ing keep it to yourself then! I almost left an angry reply but then I know they'd get all defensive about it or just tell me I'm going to hell. It's useless.

Sorry, I know this shit belongs in the religion thread.

On topic, holy crap. I wonder if he has friends? O_o How do you seriously find enough time to read the entire effing Oxford Dictionary??
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm
Quote by uberphreak
Same here. I'd like to go one article on the ****ing internet without these ****s preaching their crap everywhere. I don't care if you believe it yourself, but ****ing keep it to yourself then! I almost left an angry reply but then I know they'd get all defensive about it or just tell me I'm going to hell. It's useless.

Shut the **** up. If you want Christians not to preach their beliefs on the internet, then don't post your shit either.

If you want to take other peoples' free speech away, then it has to work both ways.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rabidguitarist
Shut the **** up. If you want Christians not to preach their beliefs on the internet, then don't post your shit either.

If you want to take other peoples' free speech away, then it has to work both ways.

Indeed; but what's irritating about that comment is how utterly irrelevant it was. Essentially the same comment could be applied to any pursuit.

Besides, getting angry at it is that selfsame free speech, so why does it bother you when that is the view you hold?

Quote by Portuguese_boy
Yes, that will probably get him laid.

He has a girlfriend, you know. He probably gets laid much more than you
Last edited by Vermintide at Oct 9, 2008,
Quote by rabidguitarist

great reply rabid!!!
you win one internets from my side!!
Quote by Vermintide
Indeed; but what's irritating about that comment is how utterly irrelevant it was. Essentially the same comment could be applied to any pursuit.

Besides, getting angry at it is that selfsame free speech, so why does it bother you when that is the view you hold?

He has a girlfriend, you know. He probably gets laid much more than you

I DU GET LAED, ASK UR MOTHER!!!

No but really, how can you get laid if you're to busy reading ****ing dictionaries, plus I don't think his girlfriend is very hot, I mean, and ugly fat girl wouldn't care if he prefers pounding books than her pussy, but a hot chick can replace him anytime.
Page 1 of 2