I need to know if there is anyway to speed up the aging process of a solid top acoustic guitar. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
-Robbie
The more you play it the more it will age, can't think of any was to really speed it up without playing it constantly.
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
Playing it would be the best and most direct way. But I suppose you could speed it up by placing it near an amplifier/radio/etc when you not playing it. The vibrations produced by amplifier/radio when it's producing music MIGHT help with the aging. I'm not sure how well it would work, or if it would even work. Just throwing out suggestions.
Maybe a sustainer clipped to it while you're not using it, otherwise just play it a lot.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Medium gauge strings will make your top vibrate more and thus help it "open up"

Maybe give it a shot.
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
Medium strings will help the aging process, but just make sure that your guitar can handle it first.

You can technically "age" a guitar by exposing it to vibrations from speakers, but it won't do anything near as much as playing the actual guitar.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.