I am currently looking for Ibanez V7 and V8 humbuckers for my new Prestige but am having a lot of trouble finding them. I found the part numbers on the Ibanez website but there doesn't appear to be a way to purchase these parts through the site. Does anyone know how I might acquire some? Is there somewhere else I should be looking? I did some searching online but came up with nothing.
Why do you want Ibanez pickups? They're muddy as hell. Look into other brands, and make a better decision.
You really want them? V7 and V8's sound very, very thin and are usually the first thing to be replaced for most Ibanez players who have them arrive on their guitar stock. Seriously, I'll give you mine for free if you don't mind waiting until December as that's when I'll be replacing them with some DiMarzio pickups.
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.
yeah, i'm unsure why you want them, unless you want to sell it on?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Doesnt the S-series prestige that you have, have IBZ-Dimarzio pickups?

much better
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Ibey Pickups???

Why? Just... Why?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, i'm unsure why you want them, unless you want to sell it on?

Yeah, that's the first thing I'm changing on my Ibanez. Their pickup are weak & inarticulate (generally) IMO. If you're spending your hard-earned cash, step up to something better for the same money. Good luck!
Check out the Seymour Duncan web site. They have tons of sound clips that might help you find your exact tone.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
+1

The first thing most people do when they get a Prestige Ibanez with the V7/V8 set is get rid of the pickups!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I already have them on my RG570 and they kick ass for the style of music I'm playing. My other guitarist has them on his Prestige and they sound sick as hell through his Tonelab for our songs, so 2 out of 2 is good enough for me. The Ibanez/Dimarzio pickups that came with my Prestige have a very smooth sound, but no bite whatsoever. The V7/V8s on my other guitar kick some major ass through my amp, so I want them on the Prestige, as well. I personally don't see why anyone would want to get rid of them. They sound excellent in my opinion (perhaps they just work well with this style of music I'm doing and not so much for the styles you guys tend to play).

Cathedral, I'll take you up on that if I don't have any by then. I'll pay you for the shipping if they're in good shape.
What kind of stuff do you play and what tone are you after, because if you're going to the trouble of replacing pickups you might as well get something good. You may like the V's, but there's definitely pickups out there that you'd like even better.

Seriously, you could probably find a set of V's in some Ibanez owner's bin somewhere in the world.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
What kind of stuff do you play and what tone are you after, because if you're going to the trouble of replacing pickups you might as well get something good. You may like the V's, but there's definitely pickups out there that you'd like even better.

Seriously, you could probably find a set of V's in some Ibanez owner's bin somewhere in the world.

www.myspace.com/madorchid

That's our stuff. I'm telling you, these things sound killer through the setups we're using with this style of music, and I've obviously played and own a lot of different style guitars with various pickups.

Give it a listen and let me know what you'd recommend. I'm always open to trying out new equipment. I'll head down to Sam Ash or Guitar Center and check some stuff out if you guys recommend something suited to this particular style of music that you think would be better.
That guitar is beautiful, you should spoil it

These are both from the UK, but I'm not too well up on US manufacturers.

I only needed to hear about 3 seconds of your first track to know the pickup for you - Bareknuckle Warpig in the bridge. Damned expensive (about $200 apiece) but oh-so worth it and perfect for you. I see you have some decent gear so I'm guessing you're not averse to spending money on quality
http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/ZH-warpig.html

The neck depends on whether you tend to go all out or want something a bit more restrained - you could just go for a calibrated set of Warpigs or you could put something like an Abraxas in the neck.

For something a little cheaper, although I'm not sure how much cheaper after shipping, taxes and exchange rate, a Swineshead XBucker would suit you in the bridge with probably a Warthog in the neck

http://www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk/xbucker.shtml
http://www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk/warthog.shtml
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Last edited by steven seagull at Oct 9, 2008,
Quote by PSM

Cathedral, I'll take you up on that if I don't have any by then. I'll pay you for the shipping if they're in good shape.

Right-o. I'll contact you at the end of the year once they're ready for you.
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.