How annoying are spiky guitars by which i mean anything that has more that the 2 cutaways most guitars have. I have a Jackson Warrior and in less than a year, ive chipped the paint off each of the back spikes once I was just wondering about anyone else's experiences with simlilarly shaped guitars, and if anyone has any tips on repairing, or even better, protecting those vulnerable points on said guitars.

you think the warrior's spiky?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
^^^^
Batman guitar FTW.

And I know, my Kelly is chipped
But, I'm giving her a new coat soon
my jackson is mega chipped
they dont seem to be made out of the most durable wood do they?
Equipment

GUITARS
Jackson RX10D
Ibanez GAX30
Ninja Strat Copy

AMPS
Laney LX120Twin Extreme
Fender Frontman 15W

Effects
Boss ME-20 Multi Effects Board
Aah, but thats fairly expensive, and id lose my transparent red finish if i had a total respray
Quote by xxmoshoutxx
my jackson is mega chipped
they dont seem to be made out of the most durable wood do they?

Hell no! i dont even know how my first one happened! i just found it one day :/
Yeah ditto I have a jackson warrior xt and i carn't help chipping it. yet my js warrior hasn't a chip on it and i've had it longer.
Other Bands Play...
Manowar Kill!
Thing is, i even hav a padded softcase and it still chips in that.. I dont think it will be fully safe until I get a hardcase with foam in it..
my ironbird has has no chips on the edges and its slightly more than 20 years old. and thats from making sure that the guitar is in its case when not in use and that it was not tossed around carelessly. thats the only advice i can really give about protecting the edges on guitars
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by the boogieman
my ironbird has has no chips on the edges and its slightly more than 20 years old. and thats from making sure that the guitar is in its case when not in use and that it was not tossed around carelessly. thats the only advice i can really give about protecting the edges on guitars

Yeah.. I'm a bit clumsy.. I shall need to be more careful in future.. lol some nice sound advice there dude :P
My King V's got knocks and dings all over (especially in the corners) after owning her for almost 3 years. Its just a plain glossy black finish though so I dont worry about it too much. She's just got some battle scars!
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
Well my Dean ML is 24 years old now, and it's in pretty great shape. There's only one ding on the bottom corner.

Now my Razorback...it's the last super-pointy guitar I'll ever own. You have to eye them way too much because the points are so fragile. The durability of your wood isn't gonna change anything, it's the finish that is chipping. I've got chips on both of the lower wings...
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Lemoninfluence

you think the warrior's spiky?

I lold on that one.

Be carefull if you come close to ozzy with that. He might bite off the headstock.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl