In another thread I was thinking of picking up a 1987 Dakota Red American Strat but decided on this baby instead.

1989 Fender American Stratocaster

Plays like a charm and the thing is in great condition. Case is a little beat up but it was actually picked up from the original owner.

nice :-) looks very... Polished xD

W
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Ooooohhhhh....very nice!!!

I am not a big fan of Maple fretboards, but I love the tortoise pick guard and I LOVE Strats!
"If you can hum it, you can play it!"

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP: LTD M-10
Marshall MD10CD
that strat looks beautiful!
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Orange Tiny Terror with 1x12 cab
Big Muff
Vox Clyge McCoy Wah Pedel
Holy Grail Reverb
Looking good; I love maple fretboards.

Over time you might want to get new pickup covers and knobs to match the white of the body, but maybe that's just me.

Case looks soft and comfy, too

Have fun with it
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Pretty! white guitars are the best.

Happy NGD! Enjoy!
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Thanks guys. Only thing I need to do is swap out that pickguard which doesn't seem to be original. Going to put in a white one (Hendrix Style) just so i can get it looking as original as possible.
Quote by metaxis
Thanks guys. Only thing I need to do is swap out that pickguard which doesn't seem to be original. Going to put in a white one (Hendrix Style) just so i can get it looking as original as possible.

Why!?
The tortoiseshell looks amazing with that colour, I'd never get rid of it.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Yeah, the Tortoise Shell pickguard is one of the main eye-catcher's. It blends so well with the Olympic White body, don't get rid of it.

Anyway, very nice guitar. Have fun with it. Happy shredding.
looks good. i def prefer the older Am Std models to the new one.

Just so you know, the pickguard and case are not original. The pickguards were plain white until about 1993 and the case should be an SKB/Fender.
Beautiful catch man, love it. Its as old as me!
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by SenorSmiley
looks good. i def prefer the older Am Std models to the new one.

Just so you know, the pickguard and case are not original. The pickguards were plain white until about 1993 and the case should be an SKB/Fender.

I knew the pickguard wasn't which is why I want to get a white one but i thought the case was. I thought it was an original case. I'll take your word for it but i want to look into it a little more
Quote by metaxis
I knew the pickguard wasn't which is why I want to get a white one but i thought the case was. I thought it was an original case. I'll take your word for it but i want to look into it a little more

The case is not original.

The case should be black plastic with a giant 'Fender' written across it with twist latches.

I have a bunch of them. If you want I can post a pic.
Quote by SenorSmiley
The case is not original.

The case should be black plastic with a giant 'Fender' written across it with twist latches.

I have a bunch of them. If you want I can post a pic.

Is it possible that it might not be original to that model but still an original Fender? I saw a '69 Telecaster posted on a forum for sale and it had that exact case and the guy mentioned it was the original case. I would post the link but it is from another forum so i'm not sure how the rules work here.
It may be a newer Fender case. It is not an older then 1980's Fender case as they didn't have the part that holds the neck - I have never seen a Fender case that has that. The leather tab to open the compartment looks different as well.

Are the edges pleather or leather? They were leather up until the new molded case (which your guitar should have. The new ones are fake leather.

IMHO it is not a Fender case. Also, the knobs are not original, as the lettering is off.

Now for some cases - note none have that part for the neck, as Fender uses a full length pillow on the inside lid. I also have a pic of my Roadhouse Strat (1999 I think) in my profile in the case.

Here is what your case should look like:

This would be a late 60's/70's case:

This is a new Fender CS case:

Last edited by SenorSmiley at Oct 10, 2008,
Quote by SenorSmiley
It may be a newer Fender case. It is not an older then 1980's Fender case as they didn't have the part that holds the neck - I have never seen a Fender case that has that. The leather tab to open the compartment looks different as well.

IMHO it is not a Fender case.

Thanks for the info. I'll try and take some better pics of it and maybe you can help pinpoint what it is. I'll pm you
So in the end it is a Fender case but from a description i read it is a Fender Bass case. I asked the guy to see if it was also produced for a strat because mine fits perfectly. Here are some pics.