well im preetty much relearning how to play cuz before i wus anchoring and had a little tension in my shoulder
i feel like i have good syncronisation with my hands, on a single string i can play pretty fast pretty cleanly
but where i lack speeds is when a change sstrings, especialy inside the string picking
i feel l ike my right hand is week or something

righ meow im dooing exersizes such as
steve vai spider lik, paul gilbert 3 note per string lik, a gmaj string skip lik and a sweeping progression

are there any exersizes that i would rely benefit from?
I think the best exercise you could do would be to sit down, create music up and down the neck. Use a scale and skip strings on it and just be musical about everything u do.
grammar lessons???

sorry, in all seriousness lots of practice with a variety of techniques. There is an abundance of resources online, or at your guitar stores so explor around and see what you might benefit from

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by cemetarygates31

but where i lack speeds is when a change sstrings, especialy inside the string picking
i feel l ike my right hand is week or something

The way I approach this is getting my alternate picking accurate with a metronome. So if you start off with a comfortable tempo and do your scales and modes across all the strings, this in itself will help you with pciking from string to string.

All of those excersises you mentioned will help you as long as you slow down and be patient. I cant stress enough about practicing with a metronome.
Quote by jsantos
The way I approach this is getting my alternate picking accurate with a metronome. So if you start off with a comfortable tempo and do your scales and modes across all the strings, this in itself will help you with pciking from string to string.

All of those excersises you mentioned will help you as long as you slow down and be patient. I cant stress enough about practicing with a metronome.

ya thats wut im doin
im startin each exersize at 40 bpm 16notes
I would do that in unison with a friend, its strange the wierd patterns the notes make in your head after a while.
Originally posted by TapMaster
If you break a JEM you know your going to go to hell when you die

Only member of the 'This is too immature for me' club.
dude it took me like 8 years to get to 160bpms on my 16th notes. But im a slow learner.. it think you will get it down faster.
Quote by Freepower
^ start it at 20bpm.

I really like the steve vai spider lick.

my metronome only goes down to 40 and so does the one i use online
is there another online one?

and im alredy spending alot of time in each exersice cuz i went down to 40
is it really necesary to play it even slower?
and should i be spending most of my time practicing on the slower tempos, and as i get higher not spend as much time on each tempo?
^ just play 8ths at 40bpm, same thing.

It's necessary to play as slow as you can play it perfectly. If you can play it better at 20bpm than 40, that's where you should be practicing for now.

Tbh, speeding things up shouldn't be much more than about 10bpm a week, max. If you're working on pieces or licks, speed them up gradually from about 33%-100% speed, never starting faster than 70% speed over weeks once you have the whole thing down.

Thats what I do anyhoo.
Quote by Freepower
^ just play 8ths at 40bpm, same thing.

It's necessary to play as slow as you can play it perfectly. If you can play it better at 20bpm than 40, that's where you should be practicing for now.

Tbh, speeding things up shouldn't be much more than about 10bpm a week, max. If you're working on pieces or licks, speed them up gradually from about 33%-100% speed, never starting faster than 70% speed over weeks once you have the whole thing down.

Thats what I do anyhoo.

i wish i could gain 10bpm a week
i barely add a click on the metrome once a week (4bpm)
10bpm MAX. That's if you're rebuilding technique that's almost correct already.

I gained about 30bpm recently over 3 months of practicing at least an hour pure picking a night. That's about 1bpm for every three hours of practice. 4bpm a week I would kill for.