Well, currently I have no attention span, so every time I play guitar, and then I hop on the computer to look for tabs etc. I end up staying on the computer, and losing time played on the guitar that I really want to do, so I have a few questions.

Should I just stop looking for tabs until I've 'perfected' the songs that I know?

Should I just listen to songs that I want to learn, and attempt to learn by ear?

Any suggestions?
Quote by Six_One_Zipp
If I had to do the nasty with any guitarist it'd definitely be Herman Li,

The sex would be just like his playing, fast, sloppy, and dissapointing.
Get away from the computer.

If you really want to learn, step one is to practice in a place without distractions. Go to a basement, the back yard, the garage, a nearby park, w/e. Eliminate anything that will detract you from what you're trying to do.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
I have/had the same problem. Do what he said. It works.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by Garou1911
Get away from the computer.

If you really want to learn, step one is to practice in a place without distractions. Go to a basement, the back yard, the garage, a nearby park, w/e. Eliminate anything that will detract you from what you're trying to do.

Thanks, I'll definitely try it, I've tried before playing somewhere away from my room (computer is in my room :P) which is usually the lounge room, but there I usually get distracted by the television.

I'll see if I'll be able to play in the garage or something, and worse comes to worse, I turn my computer off/get my dad to cut off the internet to my room.

Thanks Garou.
Quote by Six_One_Zipp
If I had to do the nasty with any guitarist it'd definitely be Herman Li,

The sex would be just like his playing, fast, sloppy, and dissapointing.
Quote by Horgande
I'll see if I'll be able to play in the garage or something, and worse comes to worse, I turn my computer off/get my dad to cut off the internet to my room.

I don't know that you need to take it to such legnths. Just practice somewhere outside of your 'comfort area', and by that I mean the places you go to veg out, play videogames, get online, w/e. The garage is a great idea, not only because it's isolated, but it'll also spare your family from having to hear you woodshed, which is always a plus.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play