I have an Ibanez RG350MDX that I want to swap pickups in. I would go EMG, but I want to keep the 5 way switching and I don't like the idea of spending a ton for the 4 wire 81's and such. I'm thinking maybe Dimarzio X2N for bridge, not sure what for single coil and neck. Wondering if any of you have suggestions or experience with this setup. I play mostly metal on the bridge and clean on the neck and single. Megadeth, Metallica, 80's metal, standard tuning.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13
dimarzio tone zone
and deactivator pickups very nice, im gonna put that in my guitar OR 2X emg 81's
you could always just leave the neck and middle stock but if you use them alot and set on changing them i would say, i dont know know, maybe an air norton or tone zone(a bit higher output if need) for the neck and virtual solo for middle
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Last edited by alternitivebass at Oct 9, 2008,
Super Distortion, Breed or Norton in the bridge, Breed or Paf Pro in the neck.

If I had to pick one set I'd go for a pair of Breeds....the Tone Zone isn't a great rock or metal pickup, it's more geared to shred and J-Rock. I'd go for a Blue Velvet or FS1 in the middle.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Oct 9, 2008,
Have any of you played the X2N? I was thinking of something wicked in the bridge position and mellow at the neck. Just curious becuase i've heard a lot about this pickup.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13
Yeah, super high output (.5V, holy shit).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.