Hey everyone i just wanted to see if anyone here could help me out and point me right directon. I am a very new student to the guitar, only been playing about a month. I have a few riffs down and been taking private lessons to speed up the learning process. So heres my question...

I just baught the Zoom gx1 effects pedal but i have no idea of any easy beginner songs to use it while playing.

So if anyone could suggest 1-2 that would be awesome. Thx..

also.. if possible id liek to learn a song that isnt completly played in distortion. Perhaps somethign that starts clean then kicks in after a while? Any suggestionis?
Smells Like Teen Spirit.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Smells Like Teen Spirit.
Easiest distortion song ever, pretty much.

Also, if you've only been playing for a month, remember to practice both with and without distortion (playing clean helps with accuracy in certain ways, but so does distortion).
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Quote by kAshj

also.. if possible id liek to learn a song that isnt completly played in distortion. Perhaps somethign that starts clean then kicks in after a while? Any suggestionis?

lol smells like teen spirit
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Symptom of the Universe by Heaven and Hell.
Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult.
Rock you like a Hurricane by The Scorpions.

+1 to practicing clean. Distortion is a lot of fun, but it can also hide your mistakes. There's nowhere to hide when you're clean.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
I was gonna Smells Like Teen Spirit too
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
When I was first getting into guitar I was confused just as you are on what to play with something that has alot of distortion. Smells like Teen Spirit is a great one so learn that like the others have advised. Also for further reference why not learn some Papa Roach songs? their song structure is fairly simple and your use alot of power chords which sound great with distortion. I would reccomend their earlier stuff for example 'Last Resort' or 'Between angels and insects' you can get the tabs from this site.
Quote by gwitersnamps
Smells Like Teen Spirit.

lol whoa ok.. think ill give this one a try... Now second question..

If anyone is familar with the zoom gx1, is there a stock patch/number that is recommended for this song. I know the song very well to hear and sing but playing it in the guitar worl is still very new to me and im obviously just learning about this stuff.

LOL i just found out what a capo was and that i was suppose to use it to play wonderwall correctly.
Santa Monica by Everclear is one that is kind of clean then kicks in later on. It's fun to play for a beginner.
Quote by Trinitron
I was gonna [say] Smells Like Teen Spirit too

I was gonna try and be funny by saying Master of Puppets.
fade to black
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Smells like teen spirit isn't actually that easy, I'm baffled as to why anyone thinks it is.

TS, try Highway to Hell by AC/DC
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Oh, come on..lets not get into this again, he will find the power chord version, which IS easy, by the time he realizes it was wrong he will be good enogh to see that version as wrong.
Quote by rich420
I was gonna try and be funny by saying Master of Puppets.

Well, Master of Puppets is really easy to play for people of any level.

Level 1 = learn the intro
Level 2 = learn the clean part
Level 3 = learn the verse/chorus
Level 4 = learn the interlude solo
Level 5 = learn the second solo
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7

No, it isn't
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Exo M7

Level 1 = learn the intro
Level 2 = learn the clean part
Level 3 = learn the verse/chorus
Level 4 = learn the interlude solo
Level 5 = learn the second solo

This isn't Guitar Hero. There is no "levels", and especially not in the outright retarded way you've worded it.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Anything by Green Day.

Learn a power chord shape and you've pretty much got it covered.
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm